Achieve the profitable bookings and GM sales goals of Mestek Machinery, complying with all company profiles and procedures using a customer centric sales approach.
As an integral component of the sales department and sales function. Sr. Application Engineer will be meeting directly with customers, reviewing specifications, researching, developing detailed quotations and proposal drawings and negotiating with customers to help close the sale.
Responsible for representing the family of Mestek Machinery companies to prospects and customers. Maintains effective communications with all internal personnel including other Sales Engineers, technical design and engineering, customer service, and various managers to ensure proper support of client needs and flow of competitive information into the group’s marketing and development teams.
Reports : Inside Sales Coordinator
- Prepare Sales Quotations, working closely with technical and sales personnel to ensure closure of the potential sale and maximize profits according to established company financial objectives.
- Maintain price and cost sheets, with consideration for company profitability goals in mind.
- Review with engineering the development roadmap for new products and determine a process of implementing into quoting process.
- Work with Sales Managers to review market pricing and support desired GM.
- Review customer need and contract writing to assess any additional or future sales potential to be realized.
- Evaluate the sale for possible risk assessment and management.
- Maintenance of a value-added sales team seeking to maximize bookings via a customized solution to a qualified prospect utilizing the unique availability of company resources, products, and services.
- Develop a process to effectively select target business opportunities identified via a customer quotation process.
- Delivering professional and thorough sales presentations employing and utilizing the many creative sales options available.
- Ensure high post-sales satisfaction by facilitating positive, long-term relationships and high potential for repeat business.
- Specific behaviors:
- Instill a high sense of urgency into all actions of the sales force ensuring that proper time and activities are carried out to achieve set GM goals on a monthly basis.
- Be a self-starter, originating action rather than simply responding to circumstance.
- Comply with the company sales process as implemented within the Integrity Sales System.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, com, while integrating new sales techniques into salesforce.com.
- Uses compelling/creative approaches and presentations to link customer needs to Mestek Machinery product features and services. Include ROI analyses, white papers, customer reference site visits, customer VIP plant visits, SAM visits, customer visits, and industry articles among others.
- Assist Engineering and Manufacturing with after sales support to resolve any issues that arise focusing on achieving customer satisfaction and timely delivery of the product.
- Interact with Tooling and Mechanical Engineering departments to gather information critical to the successful production of the product.
II Proposal Development and Concept Drawings
- Work with Engineering and other Sales employees to develop line concepts, employing creative techniques to implement new ideas and sales concepts.
- Working with Salesforce and CPQ (Configure Price Quote) Tools to maintain consistent proposal creation and communication with sales personnel.
- Communicating and keeping sales team up to date with the latest Productivity tools for communication and collaboration: Office Suite/G-Suite, Skype, and Salesforce or similar cloud based CRM
III. Technical Travel
- Periodically attend technical conferences to present Mestek Machinery’s solutions, general industry information and to remain up to date on the state of the art in metal forming solutions.
- Periodically visit customers to assist Regional Sales personnel in presentation of Mestek Machinery proposals.
- 7-years experience in capital equipment application engineering and/or Sales
- Engineering Degree or Business Background with significant demonstration of technical abilities. Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Fluency in Office Suite/G-Suite, Skype and Salesforce or similar cloud based CRM
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- capital equipment application engineering: 7 years (Preferred)