Purpose and Function:
Charles River Development is rapidly growing our Software-as-a-Service platform. We are looking for hands-on, well rounded IT professionals for our growing Infrastructure Operations build team. This team is responsible for provisioning, integrating, and daily operation of critical systems used to support our clients’ Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. We offer an opportunity for talented and driven individuals to get on board with an organization that values personal initiative and growth.
- Play a key role with network and security daily operations, including network troubleshooting, firewall changes, security auditing, and vulnerability management.
- Work with senior network and security engineers to implement large-scale improvement projects, including the deployment of new tools and services.
- Assist with onboarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
- Provide production infrastructure support for our large and complex base of live clients.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Write basic SQL queries to perform light database administrative tasks.
- Support third party infrastructure applications and services, such as Citrix XenApp, file transfer, and job scheduling.
- Adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
- Have a deep appreciation of why IT security is important to our company and our customers.
- Participate in incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
- Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation.
Other traits we look for:
- Operational experience on an infrastructure/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
- Experience building and delivering IT systems with a high degree of quality.
- General exposure to firewalls, switches, routers, and other networking devices.
- Knowledge of basic network architecture concepts (zones/DMZ, VLANs, segmentation, subnetting. LAN/WAN).
- Strong understanding of network services (ex: DNS, DHCP, ARP, TCP/IP stack).
- Good working knowledge of basic firewall configuration concepts (ACL, NAT/PAT, routing statements, ports, protocols, VPNs)
- Some experience collecting and analyzing packet captures using tools like Wireshark.
- Basic understanding of dynamic routing protocols a plus.
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Checkpoint, or Juniper NetScreen firewalls a plus.
- Experience working with various security, identity management, and vulnerability management tools, such as SIEMs, IDS/IPS, DLP, anti-virus and access control systems.
- Experience with PowerShell is desired, and experience programming using APIs and version control systems a plus.
- Practical experience working with DevOps tools like Rundeck, Ansible, Chef, Puppet plus
- Practical experience working with SSL/TLS certificates and basic understanding of cryptography concepts.
- Ability to aid with monthly vulnerability reviews and patch management.
- Good understanding of various Microsoft technologies – Active Directory, Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, SQL Server, DFS, NTFS etc.
- Experience with some web / application server technologies (ex: Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Java Virtual Machine, Weblogic, and WebSphere).
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- 5+ years of experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies.
- 2+ years with MS Windows Server system administration or application server support with experience patching and testing systems.
- 1+ years of experience working in critical production environments.
- 1+ years exposure (work or academic) to networking or security systems and concepts.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership.
- Experience with job scheduling software are a plus (ex: Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control-M).
- Understanding of ITIL concepts desired.
- Professional IT certifications are a plus.
- A natural desire to bring order to IT systems and to automate processes.
- A positive, customer-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- A desire to work hard, be challenged in a fast-paced environment, and have fun while doing it.
Equal Opportunity Employment Resources
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law.
As an equal opportunity employer, State Street Corporation is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at DisabilityAssistance@statestreet.com or (617) 664-0007 for assistance.