CERTIFIED ONLY Police Officer
The SomervillePolice Department will be accepting applications for CERTIFIED ONLY Police Officer candidates for current openings. The schedule is a 14 day a month rotating shift with nights and weekend work required. Theemployee would be off every other weekend, under normal schedule conditions.Starting salary is based upon experience. State retirement TCRS with match bythe Town of Somerville. An optional retirement plan is also available withmatching funds.
Excellent medical benefits foremployee ($250 deductible) and family ($500 deductible). After first full year of employment you may be eligible for collegetuition reimbursement for a degree program relating to the field of lawenforcement.
Eligible applicants must be certified as a police officer by the TennesseePolice Officer Standards and Training Commission (P.O.S.T.), be at least 21years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, have a high school diploma/GED,be a U.S. citizen, have no felony convictions and be able to successfully passpsychological, physical, and polygraph exams as well as a drug screen. Officerswho are P.O.S.T. certified through another state and can be certified inTennessee by an abbreviated class at the Tennessee Law Enforcement TrainingAcademy will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to$42,000 per year
The City of Somerville is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free withpolicies of non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color,national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service. Telephone901-465-9500 (HR/Personnel).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 per year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment