Responsible for set-up of room service area, delivery of food and beverages and serve food and or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to established standards set by the hotel.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for setting up of room service carts as instructed by and Food & Beverage Manager.
- Responsible to answer all Room Service calls in a timely manner.
- Responsible for delivering food & beverages to guests rooms and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Responsible for serving food and or beverages in the order and to the expectation of the Manger to ensure consistency throughout the guests dining experience. Follow up by calling guests rooms to inquire if they need anything else. Promptly bus trays / dishes as guests complete meals..
- Responsible once the restaurant is closed, to reset room service area according to Manager’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following day.
- Responsible for performing all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking shelves with supplies.
- Responsible for performing general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health and sanitation standards.
- Responsible for abiding by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Ensures that Quality Standards and Service are maintained for Property, Product, and People.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Ensures Security for the hotel’s customers, employees, and property assets.
- Enforces established policies and procedures for WinStar World Hotel and the hotel’s brand.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Must have the ability to remember, recite a variety of menu items.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language in order to read event orders and effectively communicate with guests and employees.
- Must have good basic mathematical skills.
- Must have ability to lift 30 pounds.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and carry upwards to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to perform all job duties including lifting of trays, etc.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Work in cold & hot temperatures.
- Possibly be exposed to second hand smoke.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Weekends required
- Holidays required