We are looking for both Pedestrian door service technicians with experience as well as applicants who are looking to train on the job and become full door technicians. If you are interested in a skilled trade with long term employment potential, this could be it!
Davis Door Service, Inc. has been a locally owned, family-run commercial door business in the greater Seattle Tacoma area since 1959. For decades, we have provided the community with exceptional customer service while developing a reputation of being fair, honest, and dependable.
Davis Door Service is one company with multiple branches. Our Pedestrian Door Division is located in Seattle and technicians are dispatched to a wide variety of locations in the greater Puget Sound area.
The Service Technician Trainee plays an exciting key role in ensuring the success of Davis Door Service’s future. The Trainee will be expected to become proficient as a full Service Technician within 1 -2 years of their start date. The Service Technicians and Trainees ensure our customers receive quality service, and a positive customer experience. Within this role, the Technicians and Trainees have the ability to make suggestions and work with the Branch Manager to ensure we continue to improve how we do business.
- Service and repair, or install, commercial pedestrian doors
- Serve as the face to the customer, ensuring a positive interaction
- Assist the quoting process by describing the door issue
- Ensuring a safe work environment
- Assist other team technicians as necessary
- Proper completion of customer job tickets for accurate billing
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Mechanically inclined with knowledge of power and hand tools
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Background in construction is helpful
- Experience with installation and repair of commercial pedestrian doors and related door hardware a plus
- Experience with automatic doors and electrified hardware is a major plus
- EL10 Card is a plus
- Osha 10 or Osha 30 card is a plus
*A pre-employment background check and drug test will be required
This is a full time position Monday-Friday with opportunities for overtime. Davis Door Service provides a generous medical, dental, vision and 401k plan. We offer paid holidays, as well as paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Masking, social distancing, hand washing
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- service technician: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: