Moog Inc. designs and manufactures high-end technical components on a global scale. Some of the amazing products we produce include motors, actuators, slip rings, fiber optic rotary joints, medical devices, and integrated assemblies. The work we do matters here in Blacksburg, VA, as does every single person who works with us.
Design Engineer, Slip Rings – Blacksburg
- Enjoy tackling and overcoming interesting and challenging problems?
- Want a position where your contributions are evident and recognized?
- Prefer working in a culture of trust and respect?
The Slip Ring Design Engineer would successfully perform the necessary design efforts using a variety of engineering disciplines including mechanical (design/analysis), electrical (design/analysis), thermal (design/analysis), and structural (analysis), in the development of slip ring assemblies and their integration with other electromechanical assemblies.
This position requires the candidate to understand/interpret customer specifications and their requirements. Familiarity with military and industry standards is a plus. The Slip Ring Design Engineer will work collectively with a team of mechanical designers, manufacturing and quality engineers to insure the timely and successful development, build, and testing of slip ring products.
- BS or MS in a mechanical or aeronautical engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the design and analysis of precision electromechanical equipment.
- Strong mechanical design/packaging skills
- Good basic electrical skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Recent design experience
- Slip Ring design experience is a plus but not required
- Experience designing bearings that rotate or vibrate is a plus
- A self-starter, able to work independently of supervision
- Able to work in team environment
- Able to use CAD/CAE (Unigraphics NX is desirable)
Experience with evaluation and development of bids and proposals is very desirable.
You can do this!
Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our people enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture where everyone trust each other to do the right think. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
U.S. citizen or permanent resident status is required.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
To apply, visit www.moog.jobs
Full Time - Regular
Job Posting :
Oct 18, 2018