Full Job Description
EDG, an internationally recognized interior architecture and design firm, creates innovative hospitality environments worldwide. From Bali to Brazil, Riyadh to San Diego, EDG focuses on strategic solutions that meet business goals while surpassing guest expectations. Our Marin County Headquarters was named one of the* “Five Coolest Bay Area Offices “by San Francisco Business Times and has been featured in Interior Design Magazine.* We also have offices in Dallas and Singapore.
We are committed to pushing the boundaries of excellence and creativity and are looking for a new team member to work in our Novato, CA office and who shares our vision and values.
We are currently seeking an experienced, creative Senior Interior Designer to join our team.
· Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited university
· NCIDQ, CCIDC, NCARB, ASID, AIA or comparable license or certification required
· 10 + years’ extensive experience in all phases of interior design, including substantial and varied experience involving planning and interior design of complex projects.
· Substantial experience with applications of engineering technology, interior design materials and construction methods.
· Excellent drawing and detailing skills, AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign and Sketchup proficiency; and excellent organization skills. Ability to develop project schedules and phasing plans. Ability to edit and assemble specifications.
· Excel at mentoring and developing junior staff.
· Ability to travel to domestic and international client and project sites.
· Thorough knowledge of interior design practices with emphasis on programming, planning and design, including building materials and construction methods, building costs and building codes.
· Team player; strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail; ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and tasks.
· Very strong sense of design, color, texture, and scale.
· Resourcefulness in researching sources of fabrics, furniture, design elements, etc.
· Hospitality experience is a major plus.
· A passion for food and dining is very desirable.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits and a great working environment. You will be challenged and inspired - and never be bored.
Visit us at www.edgdesign.com
Please email us your resume, and (very important) a portfolio sample of your work in PDF format (or provide a link)
Only PDF and Word documents will be accepted.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
All emails must have "Senior Interior Designer -- YOUR NAME" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative