Senior HVAC Mechanical Project Engineer
Company – A leading multi-disciplinary engineering & design firm conveniently located in the center of Glen Rock, NJ. The Company has been in business for over 30 years.
Description – The HVAC Mechanical Project Engineer position will work with the Engineering Manager and other project leaders.
Responsibilities of a Senior HVAC Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Analyzes reports, drawings, blueprints, tests, equipment selections, perform HVAC calculations; prepare drawings and specifications for HVAC systems. Must be familiar with HVAC systems such as hot water and steam heating systems, gas and oil fired boilers, RTU’s, MAU’s, DOAS,VAV, heat pump and chilled beam systems, geothermal and electric heating, water and air cooled chillers and systems, open and closed cooling towers, condenser water, hydronic piping and pumping, ductwork and air distribution, energy calculations and BAS.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensure accurate client billings and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on assigned projects.
- Serves as a senior project engineer on complex projects and as a designated client contact. Attend meetings with architects, owners and building managers to discuss design criteria and specifications.
- Responsible for project schedules and completion of projects on time and within budget.
Requirements of a Senior HVAC Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Background in various building HVAC and mechanical piping designs.
- Perform designs and oversee mechanical engineering staff.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Registered professional engineer.
- 12 – 15 years of Mechanical engineering experience in commercial, institutional, multifamily residential, retail and industrial facilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building code standards and compliance requirements as well as industry standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with plumbing systems and plumbing system design.
- Understanding of electrical and structural system design and how they are interfaced with HVAC systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and familiarity with Revit.
- Maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers/clients.
- Excellent driving record & valid driver’s license.
Benefits of a Senior HVAC Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Friendly and supportive teamwork environment
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC Mechanical Project Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Autocad: 10 years (Preferred)
- Registered Professional Engineer (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement