As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
The Server and Storage Engineering Services Team, made up of two teams, designs and deploys new data center infrastructure technologies and services as a component of the overall architecture to meet business needs.
The infrastructure includes internal and hosted cloud services, virtualization, server hardware and operating systems, storage, database, and automation, management and monitoring of those technologies. he overall team is responsible for the roadmap, planning and implementation of the architecture. The Design team is accountable for the architecture and transition to Operations. While the Deployment team is accountable for provisioning new infrastructure, inventory management, patch management, and customer collaboration forums.
The Systems Engineer I will be working as part of the Deployment team and will be responsible for deploying new servers, software updates and patches. The Deployment team is also responsible for deploying and maintaining systems within the Partners Cloud offerings. The Systems Engineer I will be working with various teams within Partners IS as well as 3rd party vendors to deploy customer and vendor provided solutions. The Systems Engineer I is expected to see the larger picture beyond the OS and understand how varied IT components work together to deliver solutions to customers. The Systems Engineer I will assist with streamlining the Windows Server updates to all the supported servers on the Partners network. The Systems Engineer I will also be expected to participate in an on-call rotation
The Systems Engineer I will also be responsible for working with infrastructure such as VMware ESXi, Dell EMC vxRack Hyper Converged Infrastructure, Vblock Converged Infrastructure, and Cisco UCS. The Systems Engineer I will use tools such as Service Now, VMWare vRealize Operations (vROPS), vRealize Automation, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft PowerShell. The Systems Engineer I will be expected to use these tools and others to update, modify and optimize the enterprise platforms (including CPU, memory and disk utilization).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configuration and deployment of server solutions in the Partners enterprise certification center or production test environments (on prem, hybrid and cloud)
- Monthly patch testing and deployment
- Support of performance monitoring, technical support and trouble-shooting of servers
- Problem analysis and service recovery
- Documentation of work flows, problems and resolutions. Look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Attend vendor roadmap discussions and PHS roadmap discussions to stay knowledgeable about both business needs and solutions that may fit our environment.
- Provide feedback from vendor presentations.
- Embrace ITIL philosophies and framework for efficient and financially responsible use of IT Services, including lifecycle and management.
- Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS in Information Technology or related degree. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
5+ years I/T experience focused on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and 2016 (experience with 2008 helpful)
3 – 5 years server administration experience in a large networked environment
3 - 5 years of experience with Microsoft technology (Specifically Active Directory and Windows)
3 - 5 years of experience with VMWare ESX technology
3 -5 years of experience working the major cloud providers like Azure and AWS
- Strong commitment to customer service with both internal and external project teams/customers.
- Ability to work on cross discipline teams to achieve a common objective.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Good presentation skills to address audiences with varying technical capabilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Experience with cloud services like Azure and AWS
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation
- Experience with Operating Systems: Windows 2008, 2012, 2016
- Experience with VMWare ESX
- Experience with MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience in a SAN environment
- Experience with Cisco UCS servers
- Experience with Network protocols: TCP/IP
- Ability to write, modify and trouble shoot power shell scripts
- ITIL certifications a plus.
- Experience with Service Now a plus
- Open Office Environment
- Climate controlled lab
- Remote access capabilities provided
- Rotational 7 x 24 on-call, pager provided, no corporate cell phone
- Requirement to work off-hours and occasionally commute to the PHS Data Center per patching schedule
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
MA-Somerville-Assembly Row - PHS
Assembly Row - PHS 399 Revolution Drive Somerville 02145
PHS Information Systems
Dec 10, 2018