This position Must be able to achieve and maintain a Public Trust security Clearance with the US. Federal Government.
We are seeking a Firewall Network Engineer (SME) in Washington, DC - Union Station, to support the Firewall Infrastructure of BLS. This position requires experience leading systems upgrades, interacting with Management to provide technical recommendations, mentoring of junior staff and hands-on experience in the operations and maintenance of CheckPoint firewall technologies.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Specialist in supporting firewalls.
- Executes test procedures to assess systems performance, identifies and troubleshoots difficult or unusual problems, and analyzes results for the implementation of system upgrades.
- Maintains expertise with, and advises management on, current technologies.
- Works with vendors to research, assess, and acquire new or upgraded technologies.
- Assumes technical leadership to implement projects such as cable plant installation or expansions and router and firewall installation or upgrades.
- Provides peer learning opportunities to other team members.
- Coaches lower-level staff to elevate overall institutional knowledge among the technical teams.
- Develops detailed project plans and project schedule.
- Produces high-level system engineering design layout covering all aspects of implementations.
- Delivers technical presentations to management.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in a large organization responsible for administering, operating, maintaining, and securing a large-scale computer network, including two years in a technical leadership or supervisory role.
- Five (5) years of experience in supporting a complex back-end firewall infrastructure environment covering all aspects of firewall administration such as hardware, operating system, encryption tunnels, gateway-to-gateway VPNs, TCP port exemptions, day-to-operations of firewall rule sets, backup and restore of management consoles, firewall OS, and rule sets.
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in supporting a large network comprising business DSL based gateway-to-gateway VPNs, MPLS, and point-to-point WAN products.
- Two (2) years’ experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining public & private enterprise wireless network.
- One (1) year experience in Web content filtering, firewalls, and VPN.
- Thorough knowledge of computer network telecommunications, Windows Server operating systems, TCP/IP protocol, and TCP ports.
- Thorough knowledge of network management protocols and related standard tools.
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications, network, computer security issues, and established security practices.
- Experience with developing technical documentation pertaining to project plans, engineering layout, and project schedules.
Required experience with:
- CheckPoint enterprise firewall (i.e, R75, R76, R77 and or R80).
- IPSEC VPN.
Desired experience with:
Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in an Information Technology field
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator - desired
Encentric, Inc. has over 12 years of experience working with the Federal Government including agencies such as DISA, DHS-USCIS, US Army, Department of State, ATF, US Marshals, and Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics. We bring extensive experience providing 1) Cyber Security and Privacy support services; 2) Program Management and Infrastructure Lifecycle Support; 3) Enterprise Business and Mission Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Support; and 4) Cloud Services Migration Support.
We want to ensure a positive work experience. We understand that taking care of your needs as our associate is one of the most important things we can do. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Sponsor training and professional development
- Health & Dental Insurance Plan
- 120 Hrs of Paid Time Off
- Retirement plan with company match
- Gym & Health Club membership reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $109,000.00 /year
- Firewall Network Security: 8 years
- Check Point Firewalls: 5 years
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder