Job Title: Social Worker
Reports to: Case Management Supervisor
Status: Full-time, Mon - Friday
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Job Location: Brownsville, Brooklyn
We are seeking a dynamic and engaging Social Worker who has solid clinical knowledge and experience working with formerly homeless, mentally ill single adults/families/ young adults aging out of foster care in the community. The Social Worker will be expected to assist this population in stabilizing their lives, maintaining their housing stability, and attaining their physical, emotional, vocational, educational, and social goals. Additionally, the Social Worker will be passionate about helping people; be a proactive and creative problem solver, and work well both as a part of an interdisciplinary team and independently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide integrated counseling and case management services that effectively engage residents and promotes health and wellness, personal growth, and housing stability.
- Collaborate with residents in the development of client-centered, recovery-oriented service plans that identify short and long-term goals.
- Utilize a harm reduction approach to support a diverse caseload of formerly homeless individuals around issues of mental health and substance use.
- Make referrals and serve as a liaison with various care coordination agencies, health and mental health providers, substance use programs, and employment providers to secure services.
- Actively engage residents through regular apartment visits, community outings, and escorts to appointments as needed.
- Develop safety plans for residents and work with the team to deescalate clients and collaboratively manage crises as they arise.
- Develop and implement groups and programs that are appropriate for the residents' needs and fosters an inclusive, respectful community.
- Develop and maintain confidential records for each resident according to mandated schedule documenting all relevant interventions and assessments as well as correspondence with collateral services.
- Collaborate with the Leasing and Compliance team to ensure housing stability.
- Participate in staff and clinical meetings and individual supervision to ensure best practices in the performance of role responsibilities. Participate in group clinical supervision toward advanced licensing.
- Participate in a robust training program that includes training in evidenced-based models to ensure the highest level of service is provided to clients.
- Perform other job-related functions, as assigned.
- MSW required; LMSW preferred.
- One year of experience working with adults and/or families impacted by poverty, chronic homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, or medical issues.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Highly organized and able to manage a diverse caseload of clients with diverse needs.
- Able to work well under pressure including in crisis situations and able to be flexible with work schedule when necessary.
- Experience with ETO, or other electronic record-keeping systems.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, mental health, substance use, or chronically homeless population
Job Type: Full-time