To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position reports to the Manager of Corporate Accounting and Financial Systems with primary responsibilities of providing analytical and technical support for the health system delivery network's revenue reporting. Key responsibilities associated with this role include knowledge and functional use of various data mining tools such as SQL, working knowledge of EPIC Hospital (HB), Professional Billing (PB) systems and RIMS/TSI. The person in this role will be responsible to support the development of the required revenue compilations, the revenue reporting for the monthly close and annual financial statement preparation, net revenue and accounts receivable valuations, audits, annual budget development, various financial assessments, ad hoc analysis activities and to provide leadership direction on special initiatives and projects as required.
1. Supports development of large databases relating to the revenue and analysis process through the use of the required data mining tools.
2. Assists with the coordination and completion of the monthly and annual net revenue computations, valuation, accounting projects and staff associated with same. Includes maintaining detailed computer models relating to financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
3. Maintains advanced knowledge on rules, regulations and policies affecting revenue. Develops ability to contribute as technical adviser on revenue issues. Stays abreast of coding and billing changes both internally and in the industry. Ability to interpret these and assess the impact on data assumptions to identify issues, opportunities and enhancements of revenue.
4. Supports efforts of multi-disciplinary groups responsible for projects involved in the management and enhancements of revenue as required. At times will be expected to lead these groups. Groups may include representatives from various clinical areas, Accounting, System Business Office (SBO), Financial Planning, Decision Support and Information Systems. At other times may work with clinical and other Finance colleagues on a number of revenue related projects.
5. Analyzes current information, supporting documentation and data capture methods for purposes of identifying systemic and development opportunities for improved and enhanced revenue reporting.
6. Supports assessments for streamlining current reporting processes for accurate routine production. Adequately documents work and processes as required for use by others.
7. Works with junior and senior staff to support technical and information systems, data analysis, manipulations of databases and large data sets and other analytical needs.
8. Supports the accuracy and accountability of revenue information reported externally to outside auditors, governmental agencies and the public. Works to ensure that underlying Information Systems related to the revenue close process are accurate, comprehensive and updated timely.
9. Participates in guidance to and support of administrative or clinical departments needs on questions, processes, status changes and updates to revenue reporting requirements, protocols and regulations.
10. Supports training efforts on knowledge and use of health system (SBO) patient accounting systems for department staff in support of required reporting and development. Acts as a liaison with the System Business Office (SBO) to ensure accurate reporting of patient receivables in financial reporting.
11. Works on numerous projects simultaneously and is engaged as lead analyst on several at the same time.
12. Promotes the Corporate philosophy of positive customer relations.
13. Performs other duties as required.
B.A or B.S. in Accounting, Finance and or Information Systems is required. Health Care Administration or similar field in conjunction with degree requirement is a plus.
Three (3) to Five (5) years in a health care setting with proven experience in accounting, finance, information systems, supervision and project management.
Considerable knowledge in data mining tools such as SQL, the health care revenue process, accounting and auditing theory is required and assumed. Proficient in Access and Excel is assumed. Assumes working knowledge in the field of health care, revenue reporting and/or reimbursement. Demonstrates ability to be team member, supervise groups as needed and work in numerous projects simultaneously. Excellent communication and system skills.