One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
We are currently seeking a Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer Hardware System Integrator to join the Radar Receiver Exciter Integrated Product Team in Tewksbury, MA. This team designs, develops, integrates, and tests the Radar Receiver Exciter hardware for the combat proven RMD integrated air and missile defense systems.
The Receiver, Exciter, and Signal Processing (RESP) Department is the focal point for receiver, exciter, beam steering, and signal processing technology in the RMD division. The department is responsible for the design, development, integration, support to production builds, and lifecycle support of RMD products.
We are looking for candidates to provide hardware integration and test support for existing radar systems.
The Hardware System Integrator Electrical Engineer will be expected to perform the following:
- Sub-System design verification testing
- Utilization of RF based test equipment (Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, etc.) to resolve hardware system issues on various production lines
- Assist in the definition and development of verification and test plans
- Test and troubleshooting of RF sub-systems
- Interface with supply chain and suppliers to resolve production issues
- Partnering in the development of test equipment and establishment of test requirements and procedures
- Leadership of root cause and corrective action investigations and presentation of findings to the integrated product team
- Minimum 6+ years of experience supporting production and/or Test of electrical sub-systems and Radar systems
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting RF and Microwave component/subsystem such as up-converters, down converters, power amplifiers, waveform generators, RF modulators, and limiters
- Proven experience troubleshooting and performing failure analysis of circuits with demonstrated knowledge of associated measurement equipment.
- Ability to understand and interpret Acceptance Test Requirements
- Strong skills and experience performing analysis of technical data
- Experience as a radar systems engineer or radar system integrator
- Strong communication skills including report writing and presentations
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advance degree desirable.
- Experience leading cross functional investigations
- Experience developing test plans/methodologies
- Leadership of small technical teams, including technical oversight and direction, cost estimation, tracking & reporting, coordination and preparation of detailed technical team reports
- Experience in development, analysis or test on radar systems and signal processing
- MATLAB knowledge and experience
- Willingness to travel occasionally (including Hawaii)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- supporting production and/or Test of electrical sub-systems: 4 years (Preferred)
- Radar System: 4 years (Preferred)
- active DoD security clearance (not required, nice to have) (Preferred)
- US Citizenship per Federal clearance regulations (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19