The Finance Manager is responsible for the oversight and financial activities required to ensure fiscal compliance for GlobalSign’s North and South American business entities. Working under the direction of the VP Finance West and US GM, the Finance Manager performs, directs and coordinates the daily activities relating to the operations of the accounting and fulfillment functions regarding the recording of revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Process month and year end process,
- Manage accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, credit checks, Bad debt expense, deferred revenue, Inter-company invoicing.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Calculate recognized revenue in line with corporate policies
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Partake and support annual audits
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Oversight of travel and expenses for U.S. offices.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Approve purchasing of equipment, office supplies and compile purchase orders.
- Assists VP Finance West/GM in building annual budgets based on strategic and/or bottom line goals
- Reports on budget deviation and provides overspend remediation strategies
- Manage local accounting staff, including goal setting, appraisals and day to day supervision
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies, accounting regulations and corporate legislation
- Maintains relationship with externally retained CPA and banking service providers, and negotiates service fees on behalf of company
- Bachelor degree or four to ten years Accounting or Finance Management experience
- MS Office and Quickbooks experience
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across a global organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts both locally and globally to department managers and senior executives