Position: Payroll and Benefits Manager
Reports to: Director of Human Resources/Corporate Controller
Position Summary: The Payroll and Benefits Manager is responsible for processing payrolls as well and management of the Payroll and the Benefits Systems and associated processes.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, ensures the accurate and timely processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations.
- Processes hourly (weekly) and salaried (semi-monthly) payroll accurately and timely through the ADP Payroll Processing Module.
- Updates employee/ payroll changes including status changes, deduction changes, and garnishments.
- Works with ADP to ensure EAM Mosca’s payroll system computes pay according to applicable law/regulations, as well as company policy and procedures. Recommends/ assists in developing /implementing new and/or revised policies/procedures to ensure continued compliance.
- Ensures required earnings and tax codes are set-up and function correctly in ADP. Sets-up new state and UI accounts as needed.
- Serves as subject matter expert in the area of payroll for EAM Mosca, including but not limited to:
- Serving as Primary internal point of contact for EAM Mosca staff for payroll questions/ issues.
- Serves as point of contact with ADP for troubleshooting payroll issues
- Provides training and guidance to EAM Mosca Management/Supervision on Payroll Approvals in ADP and associated processes * Provide system reports to the business as needed, including but not limited to overtime reports, ad hoc payroll reports, and accrual summaries
- Manages and audits relevant management reports, including, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports. In conjunction with Accounting Staff, conduct analysis of payroll data as required.
- Manages the posting of all related general ledger activity, preparing payroll reconciliations and applicable remittances, reconciling quarterly and annual payroll tax withholding reports as well as preparing internal and external reporting requirements.
- Assists internal and external auditors during audit process by providing documents, and other payroll related reports upon request; implements procedural changes recommended by auditors.
- Maintains/updates ancillary employee lists/rosters.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Tracks and submits ADP invoices for payment
- Apply Continuous Improvement principles to the Payroll process by becoming familiar with and taking advantage of capabilities inherent to the ADP Platform.
- Respond to employment verification requests.
- Complete special projects and cross training as deemed necessary by management.
Benefits Functions - Health and Welfare Benefits
- Serves as the primary EAM Mosca contact with the Health and Wellness Benefits Administrator (GIS Benefits) and Benefit Carriers
- Enter new employees and enter terminations into Benefits Connect on a timely basis.
- Ensures proper calculation of employee contributions in the Benefits Connect System.
- Ensure that the Benefits Administrator has accurate information on available plans, costs and communicates changes as appropriate
- Ensures information in the Benefits Connect database is set –up with accurate information to ensure benefit offerings are aligned with EAM Mosca policy, procedures and applicable law.
- Resolves administrative problems with GIS Benefits and/or Carriers as appropriate. * Conduct benefits orientations monthly and promote self-service as it relate Benefits Enrollment and Elections
- In conjunction with Human Resources, promotes and assists in the administration of the Employee Wellness Program
- Coordinates Open Enrollment activities.
- Ensures that employees receive benefits communications as required by applicable law.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert as it relates to employee benefits questions.
- Verifies calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies including Spending Accounts. Submits invoices to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Reconcile employee withholding accounts and make adjustments as required.
- Tracks and processes benefits payments for employees on MLOA.
- Assist in obtaining statistics and information related to annual renewal and maintains records on same.
- Ensures timely filings required by applicable laws including by not limited to ACA filings, PCORI fees and Form 5500 filings.
Benefits Functions – 401(k) Administration
- Responsible for Employee Education
- Conducts employee orientations
- In conjunction with PNC, provides regular educational opportunities to employees on 401(k) and retirement planning topics including webinars, one-on-one meetings and on-site presentations
- Provide information to employees regarding self-service related managing their individual 401(k) accounts.
- Performs Administrative Functions related to 401(k) administration
- Updates/Maintains employee payroll deductions for deferrals and loan payments in ADP
- Uploads payments to PNC subsequent to each payroll.
- Other Administrative tasks as required.
- Provides data required for external auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field plus three years Payroll experience or five years of Payroll related experience with supervision, and increasing Payroll related responsibilities.
- Must possess a solid understanding of accounting concepts, understanding of compensation issues and have strong analytical competencies.
- Strong understanding of the inter-dependencies of Payroll, Finance, and HR functions.
- Experience with financial and payroll applications, specifically SAP and ADP.
- Working knowledge of benefits plans and relevant regulations.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel,
- Conscientious and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as participate as a strong team player.
Job Type: Full-time
- Benefits Administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 3 years (Preferred)