This is a great opportunity for a loan underwriter with some experience who is looking to get their foot in the door with a growing credit union!
A credit union in Rockville, MD is currently hiring a Consumer Loan Underwriter on a temporary assignment until about the end of the year. The role could possibly become permanent for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate for the Consumer Loan Underwriter has previous consumer loan underwriting experience and the ability to understand and implement the lending guidelines to evaluate risk and make appropriate credit decision for indirect lending.
- Underwrites and decides indirect consumer loans up to the amount assigned per credit union policies.
- Reviews and analyzes tax returns, paystubs, interest rate calculations, borrower's credit character, ability and willingness to repay use of existing credit accounts.
- Makes recommendations to the VP of Consumer Lending as they pertain to rate structure, loan terms, policies and procedures as needed.
- Verifies and reviews documents all required documentation has been received to support credit decision and requests missing information
- Analyzes the information gathered based on credit union policy
- Reconciles the income, appraisal value, credit history and determines the terms and conditions of the loan
- Performs processing functions to include calculating debt to income ratios, loan to value ratios, document preparation, loan disbursement and reconciliation
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $26.00 /hour
- Consumer Loan Underwriting: 1 year (Required)