- Basic Computer Skills
- Management Experience
- Supervising Experience
- Customer Service
- Senior Care
- Flexible Spending Account
- Food Provided
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Independent Living Administrator is responsible for the daily operations of the Independent Living Program as the primary point of contact for residents, family members and vendors. This includes delivery of services and ensuring customer satisfaction of independent living residents. This also includes evaluating the needs of residents, assisting with the development of programs to meet those needs, teaching self-help techniques to ensure that the functional, social, and emotional needs and the general welfare of residents are met, and supervising department staff. Participates in the decision-making process regarding resident admissions to the Community.
Green Oaks Senior Living is part of Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Independent Living Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all independent living residents, family members and service providers.
- Collaboration with all internal departments to provide excellent communication and customer service for residents of the community.
- Cooperate and effectively interact with the IL Resident Council and hold monthly resident community meetings.
- Manage resident relations, present information, respond to questions and concerns and communicate effectively
- Monitor the physical, emotional and/or social needs of residents.
- Maintain or improve independence through directing, educating, and orienting residents in the use of community programs and resources.
- Maintain appropriate and complete records, while ensuring confidentiality of resident information.
- Assist residents and families by offering support in dealing emotionally with the aging process and illness.
- Develop and maintain a network of resident volunteers.
- Ensure prompt response to resident call alerting system by all team members.
- May serve as a member of Resident Care Planning, Resident Services, Utilization Review, Resident Health Care and Safety Committees.
- Continually assess residents to verify their appropriateness to live within the community
- Maintain a consistent and visual presence with independent living dining and activity programs
- Monitor and maintain standards set forth in Spectrum QAPI for independent living program
- Participate in community’s At Risk review meetings
- Serve as administrative contact for home health and home care agencies serving the independent living residents of community
- Leads inter-community transfers of independent living residents into community’s AL/MC programs as indicated/requested
- Perform outreach and referral development to drive top census growth and retention of independent living program
- Read, understand, and know what to do in case of fire or other emergency as outlined in the Community Emergency Plan.
- Develop systems and process to ensure the department runs efficiently and effectively, provide staff education if necessary.
- Maintain relevant department budgets and monitors expense control processes
- Attend all Mandatory team member staff meetings
- Attend all in-service training session and monthly department meetings
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT
- Assist in the orientation of all new residents in adjusting to community living.
- Conduct resident clinics, educational, and support groups as indicated.
- Assist and stimulate residents to participate in social and creative activities.
- Assist in coordinating services for residents being admitted to and discharged from the Community.
ORGANIZATIONAL AND LEADERSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Through on-going supervision and delegation, ensure the provision of a continuous high quality of services within the Independent Living Department.
- Monitor private duty personnel in accordance with community policies and procedures.
- Must be present, prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis.
- Assist in interpreting and keeping current resident services policies and procedures.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Perform specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Make written and oral reports to the Executive Director concerning the operations of the Independent Living Department.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Assist in recruiting and selecting competent team members
- Perform continuous, ongoing supervision of all team members, including but not limited to training, disciplining, counseling, motivating, and evaluating.
- Ensure that all staff follows established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, blood borne pathogens, hazardous wasted, and quality assurance procedures.
Independent Living Administrator Educational Requirements:
- Develop and maintains current schedules of chargeable services. Submit itemized resident charges to the Business Office Manager on a monthly basis.
- Submit recommendations to the Executive Director.
Independent Living Administrator Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent education and experience; subject to State requirements.
- Organizational or management experience supervising others preferred.
- Must have experience working with seniors.
- Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment and complain procedures.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate with residents.
- Outstanding customer service skills with caring and compassionate behavior towards others.
- Ability to coordinate with supervisors when group action is needed to solve a problem and get cooperation of other departments within the community.
- Ability to talk respectfully with, understand, empathize with, work with, and be tolerant of, residents, families, visitors, peers, managers, subordinates, and other outside contacts.
- Strong customer service attitude/ presentation.
- Caring and compassionate towards others.
- Must have basic computer skills – login/logoff, e-mail, documents, spreadsheets and entering data.
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401K; PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement;
- Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more! Lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.