SONOCO PRODUCTS COMPANY, a global packaging solutions company, has an opening at its Memphis, TN manufacturing facility for a Quality Control Technician Specialist. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform quality control inspections, checks, and tests during the manufacture of products. Inspect raw materials and finished products throughout the production cycle.
- Perform dimensional verifications as per inspection plans. Responsible for gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and distributing process-relevant data to support process capability studies.
- Inspect production and quality records for correctness and completion. Records observations and may make recommendations for improving processes.
- Prompt notification to shift supervisor and quality management regarding defects or other quality issues.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is displayed at facility equipment or operational areas.
- Assist vendors and/or contractors during site visits to review raw material or perform contracted services.
- Provide assistance with the corrective action process to identify the root cause of a non-conformance.
- Ensure the accuracy of measuring and testing equipment through the performance of calibrations.
- Perform periodic audits of manufacturing practices and site -level procedures and documentation.
- Maintain customer complaint sample storage, non –conforming product segregation and storage
- Support maintenance of site-level Quality Management System by performing designated product safety audits.
- Monitors the return of non-conforming product, making recommendations for sorting and/or disposal.
- Completes Certificate of Analysis (COA) or Certificate of Compliance (COC) forms by obtaining manufacturing data from the computer system to demonstrate that products meet the customer's specifications
- Relieve processes during designated break times to assist production.
- 2 years or more of work experience in Quality and Manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of work experience and training.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities is required.
- Experience working in a union environment is preferred.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour
Required work authorization: