If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
LOCATION 3320 Manchester Trfy, Kansas City, MO 64129
PAY $18-$20 per hour.
This position is responsible for safely maintaining/displaying used equipment inventory, assisting with the inspection and acceptance of inventory, exercising vehicles to assure equipment is roadworthy and ready for delivery to our customers, record findings/data after exercising equipment and make recommendations for repairs.
- Exercise trucks/tractors to assure equipment is road worthy and ready for sale
- Guarantee that customer units are ready for delivery or transport from the UTC without issues
- Transport equipment about the yard ensuring the yard is orderly, organized and presentable
- Perform light mechanical work such as jump starts, battery installation, fluid management while troubleshooting mechanical issues
- Coordination and communication with local Ryder shops or 3rd party service providers for repairs
- Ensure equipment is clean and presentable
- Submit weekly equipment exercise data via Teams
- Special Projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in an outside environment/elements for acceptance of units, exercising units, lot management and customer pick ups
- Customer focus and support
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking
- Light computer skills – tablet for checking/inspecting units-e-mail
- Knowledge of truck and trailer equipment advanced required
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- One (1) year or more mechanical and/or customer service experience required
- Knowledge of truck and trailer equipment, advanced required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to meet Ryder’s driving qualifications
- CDL preferred or ability to obtain CDL
Must adhere to Ryder's Safety Standards
DOT Regulated: Regulated Driver non-CDL
Job Category: Maintenance Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.