Woodlands Foundation, Inc. Counselor Description
Camps and Retreats Program Coordinator, Program Manager
The Counselor ensures that participants reside in a clean, healthy, and safe environment, while supporting and attending to participant needs. Counselors remain on campus with participants overnight during all WFI camps and retreats.
- Fulfill all personal care needs of assigned participants for the duration of WFI programming.
- Provide adequate supervision at all times, including frequent and accurate head counts.
- Encourage participation in all program activities.
- Lead scheduled program activities and encourage enthusiasm and participant involvement during programming.
- Provide participant support as required in his/her Individual Support Plan (ISP), where applicable.*
All Woodlands Staff are Expected To:
- Provide individualized adaptations, accommodations, and modifications based on participant needs.
- Complete all documentation completely and accurately within the allotted timeframe; report all incidents to the Camps and Retreats Program Coordinator.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Demonstrate responsible use of facilities and maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of all WFI policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict participant confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
- Serve as a beneficial model to campers in all personal habits; maintain positive professional relationships with all WFI staff members, participants, families, and guests.
- Communicate thoroughly and actively, providing constructive feedback to supervisors and all WFI staff members.
- Possess and demonstrate enthusiasm and positivity towards all WFI staff members, participants, families, guests and assigned or scheduled tasks and activities.
- Willingly adjust to changing priorities or conditions.
- Advocate for all WFI participants.
- Support and carry out the mission of the Woodlands Foundation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Nothing in this description restricts WFI management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time; this description reflects WFI management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; this description is subject to change at any time.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship