Medical Mutual provides health insurance to more than 1.6 million Ohioans. For more than 85 years, the Company has improved the lives of its members by offering high-quality group and personal healthcare coverage.
Medical Mutual is seeking a Human Resource Business Partner to provide HR consultation and guidance to assigned business units. Acts as employee champion and change agent. Implements HR strategy in support of business unit and corporate strategies. Acts as point person for providing human resources programs and services . Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The position is posted as a job family and will be filled at either the Sr. HR Business Partner level or as a HR Business Partner III. The role reports to the Manager, People Services in our downtown Cleveland headquarters and Brooklyn.
- Consults with leaders to align human capital needs with business strategies
- Completes needs assessments related to staffing; employee and leader performance management; and professional development.
- Develops and implements workforce plans.
- Partners with HRBP team to develop and implement workforce plans. Makes recommendations for continuous improvement of HR services. Facilitates timely and accurate employee information changes and recordkeeping.
- Performs interventions to advance leadership and organizational development
- Works with HR Learning & Development interventions to advance leadership and organizational development
- Interprets policy and procedure
- Supports leaders with execution of appropriate and timely performance management including corrective action.
- Collaborates with HR centers of excellence to deliver successful HR solutions that support business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in Human Resources functions required for the HR Business Partner III level. Five (5) years’ experience as a HR Business Partner/Generalist or equivalent professional human resource experience required for the Sr. Level HR Business Partner.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR) or Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) specialized training preferred
- Employment law and regulations
- Intermediate MS Office skills required, Intermediate preferred
- Workforce planning
- Performance Management
- Business literacy
- Research, analysis, and reporting
- Position requires moderate travel to client locations, must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to drive, and have access to own vehicle.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
Competitive compensation plans
Employee bonus program
401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
Career development programs and classes
Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 8 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Primary Location US-OH-Brooklyn
Work Locations Brooklyn 100 American Road Brooklyn 44144
Job 7 - General Staff
Organization Human Resources
Employee Status Individual Contributor
Job Type Full-time
Job Level Day Job
Job Posting Aug 6, 2020, 10:56:50 AM