Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Business Unit Architect ensures that business strategy and any relevant trends are captured and expressed in terms that drive strategic alignment between overall Mohawk IS Strategy and the Mohawk Business Unit Strategy.
Lead the Ceramic, North America business unit information technology architecture as the leader of the Enterprise Architecture Council and as a member of the Senior IS Leadership team of the Business unit led by the Business unit CIO.
- Contribute to and sustain a solution strategy for the Mohawk Business unit that is aligned with the overall Mohawk IS Enterprise Strategy. Ensure that the Enterprise strategy and Guidelines are applied in a pragmatic way so that they are understood and acted on by the entire BU CIO IS Team. Ultimately, the strategy should align with the needs of the business and the overall enterprise IS strategy and ideally will help foster improved communication and collaboration between IS and other functional partners in the various functions in the Mohawk Business unit.
- Architect: Articulates the desired future state, understanding the current state, identifying the gaps between the two and developing approaches to close these gaps. Creates and maintains BU application Roadmaps with input from BU Application Architects and in collaboration with the CoE Solution architects and the Enterprise Architects.
- Lead: Must be a strong proponent of change, primarily by championing change within and across organizational boundaries as well as processes and standards. Lead the architecture function within the BU specific applications groups and delivers value as well as develops and improves the skills of the BU architecture team and build up the architecture principles and practices within the Business unit. Be a hands-on leader for the project teams and be willing to roll-up the sleeves to implement, learn and coach the organization through that process.
- Govern: Must ensure that outputs, thoughts and documents are used to bring about positive change through effective governance. This includes ensuring that the right structures, composed of the right people, are engaged to make and support decisions that benefit the greater good of the Business unit and the Mohawk Group.
- Communicate: Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the Enterprise Architecture and strategy are communicated effectively. This can be for informational or directional purposes, to increase support for EA, and to maximize the alignment and improve relationships between IS and other functional partners in the various lines of business in Mohawk.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Establish the business unit Information Technology strategy and business unit Enterprise IT Roadmap in close collaboration with Business unit CIO, other IT executives, and Business Stakeholders.
- Lead and develop the overall Dal-Tile Enterprise IT Strategy.
- Manage the IS PMO Team by way of providing direction and guidance to the Director of our PMO, who will manage the team directly.
- Manage the IS budgeting and planning, annual and monthly cycles.
- Responsible for Vendor Management function within IS.
- Contribute and develop together with the Enterprise Architecture Council the overall MHK Enterprise Strategy which is an appropriately balanced pursuit of business, information, technical and solution architectures.
- Contribute to the Overall Enterprise IT Architecture Objectives and Business Value.
- Contribute to the Overall Enterprise IT Architecture responsibilities e.g. Analyze industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on Mohawk's Enterprise & BU strategies and architectures.
- Establish, own, and monitor the architecture governance processes within the Dal-Tile business unit.
- Analyze the current business and IS environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of BU Specific governing principles that guide the solution decision process for the BU specific Applications.
- Lead the IS innovation process within the Business unit.
- Influence and enforce program/project teams and Business unit application architects to reconcile solutions to architecture standards and guidelines.
- Act as custodian of solution templates to keep solutions a simple as possible and act with authority to stop projects where needed.
- Assess and communicate the successes and business value of architecture to key stakeholders.
- Work with the Dal-Tile Business Unit CIO and Relationship Managers (RM) to ensure the successful delivery of key strategic projects for the Business unit.
- Work with the other business functions to drive the implementation of business process best practices together with IS solutions.
- Manage direct team consisting of the Project Management office and Software and Hardware Architects.
Experience must include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus.
- MBA preferred or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Architect Certification is a plus.
- Extensive (10 years) leadership experience with a majority of those years spent in an IS leadership role within complex environment.
- Global experience in designing and deploying solutions in other regions beyond USA.
- Ten years of experience managing teams is required.
- Demonstrated history of deep functional/technical expertise in key domains (ERP, Business Data Warehouse and analytics, CRM, WMS, TMS, B2B, etc.) and architecture practice thought leadership at a Business unit level.
- Prior experience developing the strategy and/or executing the deployment of a global ERP system (SAP preferred) and associated change management.
- Significant functional/technical knowledge and experience developing innovative IT solutions in one or more of the following areas: business intelligence, mobile applications, web applications/portal offerings.
- Previous experience utilizing tools and technologies to drive and enable the business growth and profitability.
- Experience in EA frameworks such as Zachman or TOGAF and experience with business modeling toolsets.
- Familiarity with Agile-Scrum execution practices.
- Ability to communicate and execute the vision to build a world class IS Strategy for the Business unit.
- Ability to merge diverse technology agendas into a cohesive, integrated architecture by influencing key IS and other functional resources within a business.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading edge technology and/or integrating diverse user systems.
- Strong results driving change in a complex Federated environment.
- Proven effectiveness in building partnerships internally and externally.
- Ability to identify and execute a successful strategy around people development and deployment.
- Ability to influence and manage expectations with senior leadership.
- Strong people leadership capabilities.
- Ability to develop and grow a BU architecture team that is skilled and motivated to deliver against commitments and this in collaboration with the Sr. Director Enterprise Architecture & Strategy.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- SAP background preferably with experience in reporting and analytics.
- Will have a team of direct report that includes other functional and Technical architects with a variety of diverse expertise such as supply chain, manufacturing, logistics, sales and marketing.
- Will be part of the Enterprise Architecture Team of BU Architects, CoE Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects to establish the IS Business unit strategy and the overall Mohawk IS Enterprise Strategy.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).