Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Controls Manager opportunity for our customer in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Overall responsibility is baseline configuration management for the Final Contract Performance Baseline. This position reports to the Director of Planning and Integration Essential
Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Overall responsibility for the baseline development, maintenance and execution
- Supervises schedule development, maintenance and monitoring, cost engineering analysis and control activities
- Reviews monthly EVMS reports
- Responds to data calls from the Business Services Program Manager and the Director of Planning and Integration
- Integrates change management and risk management with the Director of Planning and Integration
- Responsible for Funds Management analysis and reporting according to the limitation of funds clause in FAR 52.232-22
- Prepares and reviews the preparation and presentation of cost engineering and planning activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities.
- Identification of cost trends for management attention
- This position requires demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and providing innovative solutions to cost engineering and schedule guidance to projects
- Advises management of the status of work in progress
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity for baseline change proposals
- Skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks independently and to analyze and develop innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to recommend approaches for new or improved processes
- Ability to work with broad objectives, with latitude to determine the best way to accomplish tasks
- Ability to lead certain aspects of a task or project
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree combined with 14 years’ relative experience.
- Experience should include a minimum of 6 years’ of management responsibility. However, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
- Education Equivalency: 2 years of relevant experience for 1 year of college.
- PMP certification is desired.
Job Requirements/Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Complete understanding of principles, concepts, and techniques in project cost accounting and project financial controls.
- Proficient in P6, Cobra and in EVMS reporting.
- Experience using Earned Value Management systems within the DOE complex in accordance with DOE Order 413.3B, Program and Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets and EIA-748, Earned Value Management Systems.
- Experience in Acumen Fuse testing and Administration.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of integrated resource loaded schedules.
- Experience utilizing Primavera with extensive experience utilizing Primavera P6 in a DOE operational/project environment.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel to include formulas and pivot tables.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Experience in training/mentoring CAMs and Project Controls on scheduling concepts and P6 system utilization.
- Experience with Deltek Cobra (or a comparable EVMS Cost Processing System), General Ledger systems as they interface to EVMS reporting (ex. CostPoint, and/or Cognos). (Preferred)
Interacts with senior management and others concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives.
Ability to obtain an L level Department of Energy security clearance.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Normally assigned to perform work in an office environment. Only electrical hazards and other minor potential hazards normally found in an office environment are anticipated. Job performance requires adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the discipline. Office work environment.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $199.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Department of Energy (DOE): 1 year (Preferred)
- project management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift