Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. This once family owned and operated company evolved over time to expand beyond traditional nursing home care. Today, Miller's facilities across the state offer rehabilitation services, adult day care services, assisted living and traditional long-term nursing care. Many of our facilities have specialized units to care for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia or for loved ones in need of hospice care. We strongly believe in the value of providing quality care for individuals in locations that help them stay close to home. In addition to services provided within the walls of our Miller's facilities, we also operate a therapy company and have a partnership in a home health care company.
Just over a decade ago, Miller's Health Systems transitioned to a 100% employee owned company with a workforce of well over 3000 throughout the state of Indiana. Miller's is known for achievements in quality, with an emphasis on education and technology and is one of the largest 100% employee owned health care providers in the nation.
Are you are goal oriented, organized, and known for your integrity and the accuracy of your work? Do you like following a set schedule and are motivated by deadlines? Do you function well in a fast-paced environment and communicate clearly and professionally? Are you confident in your leadership skills? If so, you should consider a career at Miller's as a Business Office Manager.
As the Business Office Manager at Miller’s, you are an integral part of the leadership team. You are responsible for financial transactions and reconciliations as well as record keeping for the facility. You meet the reporting schedule of the Corporate Accounting Department. You communicate positively with patients and families regarding financial matters, and have excellent customer service skills. You may supervise a small staff.
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or minimum of 2 years’ experience in long term care accounting
- Have good organizational and communication skills
- Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Are professional in appearance and behavior
- Previous experience with Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance
- Previous experience with Accounts Payable
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. Calculate and prepare bank deposits.
2. Post cash receipts and all charges including bank deposit.
3. Answer billing questions from families and residents.
4. Call Medicaid office to check the status of pending Medicaid residents.
5. Send 450B's to area PASS agency immediately after a new admit.
6. Follow Month End Procedures
7. Maintain petty cash fund and necessary documentation.
8. Interact flexibly and responsively with residents and families.
9. Reconcile bank accounts to general ledger and hand registers on a monthly basis.
10. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless otherwise excused.
11. Complete all electronic inservices as requried.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II:
Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.