Job ID: 27971
Job Title: Program Supervisor
Department: Department of Extended Learning and Community Schools
Location: 1617 S. Acoma St. Denver, Co. 80223
Area: South Denver
Job Type: Full-Time; Monday-Friday
Salary Range: $48,883-$58,664/annually; based on education and experience
Highlights: Paid Professional Development training, benefits available
Make a difference in the lives of students by joining our team and supporting the DPS vision, Every Child Succeeds.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
As a key member of the Department of Extended Learning and Community Schools (DELCS) Team, the Program Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and management of 4-7 Out-of School-Time (OST) program sites. This position directly supervises 4-8 Program Specialists or Assistant Site Coordinators. Indirect supervision includes 40-50 site staff. Interpret philosophy of Denver Public Schools to faculty, staff, parents, visitors and the community. Ensure that Colorado Department of Human Services Division Child Care Licensing regulations and district policies are followed. This position is responsible for ensuring high-quality OST programming that is safe and engaging for students is being delivered at all sites.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities as both a participant and trainer to continue to enhance program practice and quality
- In collaboration with the Program Team and department leadership, set the overall direction for DELCS OST programs, troubleshoot challenges that arise, and plan and lead work teams related to the work
- Supervise and monitor site operations in accordance with DPS policies and procedures, budget, and state licensing regulations.
- Work with sites to ensure/secure sustainability for current and future programming
- Supervise and support planning and implementation of dismissal days and summer camp programming as assigned
- Coach program specialists in growth and skill development in meeting the operational requirements of their jobs.
- Support and coach program specialists to grow program quality and staff performance.
- Establish and carry out collaborative communication practices with host schools, program staff, DELCS program staff and other DPS departments
- Other Duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Plus minimum 2 years’ experience in the designing and implementation of licensed child card/enrichment programs for elementary students preferred.
- Plus minimum 2 years’ experience in the designing and implementation of middle school programming.
- Working with grant funding streams.
- Grant writing and managing programs funded by grants.
- Working with students with special needs and diverse groups.
- Building positive relationships with parents, families and community agency groups.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Organization and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Child Development or related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,883.00 to $58,664.00 /year