This is a critical position that is accountable to deliver efficient and effective contracting activities which supports the Cheniere Operations, Pipeline, Shared Services, and Engineering & Construction businesses with the delivery of Sourcing, Contracting, and Contract Management activities.
Our team are looking for a team member with 3-8 years of experience engaging business partners and suppliers in the processes associated with sourcing, contracting, contract management and supplier management. The Specialist is responsible for:
- Integrating and working lock-in-step with business partners in the Operations, Pipeline and Engineering & Construction businesses.
- Delivering the selection of suppliers for material and equipment used in the construction and maintenance of the LNG and Pipeline facilities.
- Managing a portfolio of low-medium risk contracts across all categories and businesses.
- Simplifying SCM Sourcing and Contracting processes.
- Driving compliance, continuous improvement, and value delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Integrates with business partners, peer SCM team members and suppliers to align business needs, supplier capability, and drive performance.
- Leverages Cheniere’s scale to coordinate business needs with suppliers.
- Acts as the single point of accountability for all spend against their delegated contracts.
- Supports the Contract Owners in the gathering of performance feedback for effective contractor management
- Supports the delivery of Category Strategies as appropriate to the delegated contracts.
Sourcing, Contracting, and Contract Management
- Ensures all Sourcing and Contracting is compliant, timely and delivered with quality.
- Performs financial analysis to evaluate and define value to establish and maintain Total Estimated Contract Value.
- Drafts, evaluates, negotiates, and executes various contract commercial structures.
- Ensures contractual records and documentation and contract correspondence maintained and logged into the appropriate systems.
- Supports the Delivery Purchasing team in the creation of Contract Purchase Agreements (CPA’s) and Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA’s) as appropriate .
- Supports the Procurement Purchasing team to establish transactional purchases against established contracts.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Understanding of LNG or Oil & Gas plant or pipeline experience.
- Hands on experience with supply chain Sourcing, Contracting and Purchasing processes and systems.
- Experience managing teams of direct and indirect reports.
- Hands-on experience with negotiation of general material and service contract provisions, and commercial terms.
- Hands-on experience with source-to-contract and purchase to pay systems i.e. Oracle, SAP, GEP, Coupa, JDE, etc.
SCM Commercial Ops Specialist shall have hands on Sourcing and Contracting experience with one or more of the following: equipment, materials and/or service traditional spend categories associated with Shared Services, Operations or Pipelines. Experience with continuous improvement, process and procedure development, and contracting is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education, Training and Certifications :
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related business
- A minimum of three (3) years’ hands on experience with sourcing, competitive bidding, RFP development, bid evaluation, selection, contracting and purchasing.
- Physical Area: Our Houston office is located in the heart of downtown and we offer free parking or a metro ticket to get here. With all corporate teams at the same location, there’s always a buzz around the office. You’ll have dedicated desk space and plenty of human interaction.
- Facilities and hardware: Our offices are modern, bright, and designed to foster collaboration. You’ll have access to great IT equipment and support and can readily access the downtown tunnels, restaurants, and gyms. You may occasionally need to travel to our sites at Sabine Pass and Corpus Christy and those sites are governed by FTZ regulations which does include drug and alcohol testing.
- Working conditions: Cheniere is committed to improving the wellbeing of our employees and while you may on occasion need to work outside usual working hours, we aspire to provide a good work life balance for all.
- Company culture: So, what’s the culture like at Cheniere? It’s our values — teamwork, respect, accountability, integrity, nimbleness, and safety — at work. We’re happy when we hear employees say we have a great culture. But we’re not satisfied with building a great culture, we’re endeavoring to build the best culture.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Cheniere.
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical or mental disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cheniere Energy is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.