Full-timeEstimated: $95,000 - $120,000 a year
- Project Management
- Data Collection
- General Counsel
Full Job Description
NJOY is one of the largest independent vaping companies in the U.S. and a leader in the revolution against combustible cigarettes. With a clear mission to Make Smoking History, NJOY offers a range of electronic nicotine products for adult smokers and vapers looking for an alternative.
The brand was founded in 2006 and has continued to serve as a pioneer and thought leader in the vaping category. NJOY holds a contract with the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) to supply a standard research electronic cigarette for use in independent, government-funded clinical studies – a project with enormous potential in the United States and across the world.
- Advise and guide management and employees on internal corporate policies.
- Issue spot and provide answers to complex questions.
- Help find lawful yet innovative solutions to tricky issues as well as assure that company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Update, develop, and manage our internal corporate compliance assurance program, including risk calibration, risk assessment and investigation, data collection, document control, and cross-functional communication and coordination.
- Provide leadership on corporate internal compliance initiatives, reporting to the EVP of Compliance and General Counsel.
- Assist in the development of company policies and standard operating procedures, monitor operations to identify and correct instances of non-compliance, and function as a quasi-independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization.
- Organize efficient and streamlined risk area reporting (e.g., disclosures, metrics, reviews).
- Execute monitoring, testing and related assessments to evaluate cross-functional compliance programs.
- Conduct risk assessments and operational health and ethics checks for different departments across the business.
- Provide frequent and effective in-person training on compliance program requirements and/or other laws, including employment law, OSHA, privacy and security, etc.
- Manage design, strategic planning, implementation and roll out of key corporate compliance initiatives.
- Organize data collection and reporting for Compliance team meetings.
- You are a corporate compliance professional with exceptional experience developing, managing and overseeing corporate policy and enforcement.
- JD, MBA or equivalent Degree from a top-tier school and a member in good standing of a State Bar (preferably New York).
- Extensive knowledge of corporate compliance issues (including employment, privacy and security laws, OSHA, etc).
- Have multiple years of experience working in a highly regulated industry, ideally in a compliance-related position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in analysis and project management
NJOY is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. NJOY is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, uniform service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, NJOY complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. NJOY is an e-verify employer.