1. POSITION PURPOSE (Summary)
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse executes comprehensive nursing care activities and provides nursing staff leadership as assigned. He/She assesses patient needs, plans, and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patients response to treatment.
2. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: One year’s experience in Geriatric and/or Psychiatric Nursing preferred.
Licenses/Certificates: Current Alabama License. Current CPR certification.
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The RN/Staff nurse, under the supervision of the Unit Director/Charge nurse is responsible for the nursing care of patients assigned to him/her and directs other in patient care.
2. Delivers care based on patient needs appropriate for the geriatric patient.
3. Demonstrates an interest in patient centered approach to total nursing care.
4. Instructs LPN’s and MHT’s.
5. Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility and resourcefulness when dealing with patients, visitors, physicians, and hospital personnel.
6. Utilizes the six steps of Nursing Process which includes: Assessment, Nursing Diagnosis, Identification of patient outcomes, planning implementation and evaluation.
7. Maintains competencies as required by program standards and the states board of nursing.
8. Identify/report variables affecting the quality care provided to patients in a timely manner.
9. Continuously evaluate the appropriateness and quality of nursing care.
10. Participate in the program quality improvement process and utilization review.