- Professional Engineer
- Technical Writing
- Design Experience
- Yearly Bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison Energy have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc.
Con Edison Solutions is an experienced, multi-disciplined, U.S.-based energy services company (ESCO) building sustainable and resilient energy infrastructure for our clients’ facilities nationwide. Our clients include all levels of government and education, hospitals and healthcare, businesses, and homeowners, and we offer a variety energy efficiency programs, renewable power systems and energy advisory and procurement services.
Our team of energy experts has earned Con Edison Solutions the reputation of being a highly-trusted energy solutions provider that helps our clients improve their buildings’ overall energy performance so they can remain focused on their primary activity.
Con Edison Solutions is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our growing team. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing the development of energy efficiency and capital improvement projects through identifying, assessing, and structuring technical, operational and financial solutions to meet Federal customers’ objectives. This individual will manage a diverse team of personnel (assigned from other in-house departments and subcontractors) to provide clients with turnkey energy conservation opportunities associated with Renewables, HVAC, EMS, building envelope, lighting, plumbing and heating and cooling systems. These tasks encompass the development, implementation, M&V and O&M of energy conservation measures for ESPC opportunities.
The opportunity may be based in Tampa, FL, Falls Church, VA or Valhalla, NY
1. Provide assistance to the sales staff to screen and qualify the feasibility of energy efficiency and capital improvement opportunities. This will involve attending selected customer meetings, conducting site trips to collect facility data; and developing/reviewing energy screening models to determine the technical and economic viability of energy efficiency and capital improvement projects. Screening models include: bin analyses, hourly building simulation computer models, and commercially-available analysis packages. Review/preparation of Preliminary Assessment reports.
2. Oversee the development, define and dimension technically and economically feasible applications by performing preliminary engineering, selecting project metering and measurements of critical parameters; and coordinating with internal staff/external vendors and contractors to develop designs and technical proposals. Prepare Task Order Schedules and provide quality control for Investment Grade Audit reports.
3. Oversee the development of the technical scope of work for selected technologies and manage internal and external engineering resources in order to determine cost and schedule.
4. Oversee the performance of the analyses and applications for utility rebates associated with energy efficiency projects.
5. Drive the technical due diligence for the implementation phase. This will involve identifying known risks (i.e. technical, construction, price, schedule, environmental, warranties, performance guarantees etc.); indicate impact and how they will be addressed and mitigated.
6. Support proposal development. Provide the majority of the proposal input including detailed technical project descriptions, legal risk and responsibility definitions, financial descriptions, and detailed supporting documentation of contractor quotes, simulation results, and cost and savings derivations.
7. Regularly lead client communication meetings, internal communication meetings and other client/program specific support.
8. Oversee the Design & Project Management personnel assigned to deliver turnkey implementation of projects including design and preparation of contract documents (plans and specifications) of Renewables, HVAC, EMS, central plant, plumbing and lighting systems. Provide oversight to insure contractual obligations are met through the performance of all services, internal and subcontracted.
Undergraduate engineering (BS) degree required.
Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
Federal ESPC experience a plus.
5 plus years of experience in HVAC, EMS and central plant design.
5 plus years with department, program or project management experience
Suitable experience with DOE/DOD Task Order Schedule Development, Preliminary Assessment and Investment Grade Audit experience following the DOE/DOD IDIQ procedures.
Experience in engineering analysis to identify, screen, and develop energy conservation measures for EPC and design build projects; develop EMS control strategies to reduce energy consumption; develop detailed cost estimates for selected energy conservation measures; and interface with customer facility personnel
Able to plan and manage the development and implementation of selected project opportunities and to direct the activities of internal and external resources, to achieve deadlines.
Able to interact effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
Experience with the Federal ESPC, State and Local Performance Contracting, and/or Demand Side Management programs.
Experience implementing MEP and Performance Contracting projects.
Specific experience with renewables, building energy systems including HVAC, Central Utilities and Electrical Systems.
Must have good analytical and computer skills and attention to detail.
Strong construction related contract administration and risk management skills preferred.
Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up/turnover, and subsequent operation and maintenance of energy projects.
Strong leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Engineering, analytical and technical writing skills, including word processing and spreadsheet analyses.
Building energy use modeling and simulation experience desirable (e.g. eQUEST, HAP, DOE2, Trane Trace, ASHRAE Modified Bin Analysis).
Experience with various utility rebate programs offered for electrical and gas efficiency projects desirable.
Design experience with HVAC and other building systems desirable.
Able to travel to project sites (up to 30% of time).
We offer a competitive salary with an annual target bonus, 401k plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package, generous time off policy, matching Employee Stock Purchase Plan, excellent Tuition Aid Program and a collaborative working environment in a growing organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.