EstablishedOuterwear/Sportswear company is seeking an experienced LeatherDesigner/Technical Person to join our team.
Thisperson would be responsible for our Leather technical packages, sampling,pricing, development and production of all our leather garments.
Responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
· Work closely with our creative director on all leatherdesigns.
· Create all leather technical packages needed for each brand.
· Communicate daily with leather overseas suppliers via email, skype,whatsApp, and wechat
· Review and follow up all samples, skins, color approvals andbulk submissions from factories.
· Must understand skins and their properties.
· Help source new leather qualities and finishes &maintain our leather quality standards.
· Identify problems or potential problems and review with NYDesign, Sales, Development, or Production team
· Must have a technical & patternmaking background
· Must be able to sketch, have design background
· 3-5 years’ experience with Leather apparel production
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
· Experience communicating with factories in India, China,and/or other countries.
· Must understand skins, finishes, washes, hand feel,variances
· Experience with Leather testing
· Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to multitaskand work well under time constraints
· Must be computer literate
Job Type: Full-time