Scope of Work:
The Program Specialist is responsible for preparing and implementing hands-on programming and activities for middle school aged girls. This individual will have a pivotal role in working with school administration, mentors/volunteers and community partners, to promote the well-being, development, confidence and success in girls. Along with launching a new school site, the Program Specialist will promote their long-term involvement and provide evaluation and feedback to ensure Girls Inc. programs stay relevant to the needs of all girls.
The Program Specialist will be successful, when the following outcomes have been achieved:
Program, Communication, Evaluation:
- Provide the agency's vision and ensure all policies and procedures are followed by staff, participants, mentors/volunteers, and visitors to provide effective programming.
- Implement Girls Inc. curricula within a supportive, open, and safe environment to ensure the Girls Inc. Experience.
- Plan and implement high quality age-appropriate, intentional programming for girls ages 10-14.
- Assist with recruitment and registration of girls for school-based programming so that program capacity is met.
- Work collaboratively with all program staff to ensure continuity of program delivery
- Distribute, collect, and submit program session paperwork and evaluations.
- Assist Program Leadership and Development team with collaboration of key community partners to ensure program growth opportunities.
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and chaperoning special events, enrichment trips, guest speakers etc. for participants and their families.
- Assist with ensuring that the mentor/volunteer program is efficient and effective by providing the appropriate resources to the mentors/volunteers for a positive and quality experience.
- Assist with ensuring effective and efficient program delivery is documented, implemented and accurately evaluated through the TraxSolutions process: ongoing registration, survey consent forms, outcome evaluations, activity attendance, etc.
- Provide written evaluation of programming based on data from surveys, reflections, reports, and other feedback to support school based on assessments.
- Actively engage in qualitative and quantitative program evaluation, including Strong, Smart, and Bold Outcomes Survey.
- Provide accurate and timely information for grants and other funding applications, reports and documentation.
- Represent Girls Inc. in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
- Provide appropriate supervision for participants in Girls Inc. programs; maintain and implement high quality and safety standards for physical and emotional safety.
- Mentors girls collectively and makes individual referrals as needed.
- Assist with capturing photos and quotes to share with Girls Inc. team for communications and fundraising purposes.
- Assist with facilities and shared space janitorial needs, maintenance needs and equipment inventory.
- Participates in meetings, trainings, and conferences to further professional development.
- Maintains networking efforts with community partners.
- Keeps Program Manager informed of school-based problems, concerns, special incidents, needs, trends and unusual situations.
- As a mandated reporter, report suspected child abuse in accordance with California law
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Background in youth development, gender equity, conflict resolution, and a strong advocate for girls’/women’s issues
- Expertise in youth communication, classroom management, and community organizing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in child development, iberal studies, human services, psychology, sociology and or related fields
- Must speak fluent Spanish
- Knowledge and proficiency in Google Drive, Participant Databases, Microsoft Office software
- Proof of TB clearance within one year of employment
- Must clear background check
- Must have reliable transportation – preference to those who own vehicle
- Must have a cell phone with active phone number
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends
- Must be able to work in the United States
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.50 to $22.00 /hour