A3 Technology is seeking a Computer Scientist to join our team in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. This position will participate in software development, maintenance and other associated activities on Voice Switching and Communications Systems (VSCS) and VSCS Training and Backup Switch (VTABS).
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain existing code.
- Responsible for providing support for software design, code, test, system integration, and field support services for the VSCS Engineering programs.
- Experience in software development and problem solving and specific knowledge of common programming languages (C, C++, Java, HTML, and/or SQL) is required.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and find solutions in software code on Windows based and embedded systems.
- Evaluate reproduce and analyze anomaly reports.
- Write clear and understandable documents.
- Participate in writing and peer reviewing of varies types of documentation, to include; project plans. Engineering studies, white papers, test procedures, test reports, standard operating procedures, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Technical point of contact on projects assigned to.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work to work second shift and overtime when needed.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Knowledge of project development and engineering life cycle processes.
- Possess knowledge C/C++ and SQL.
- Possess knowledge in Linux.
- Possess technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Math, or other technical field, with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science with five (5) years of related work experience in a computer science or math field.
- Master's Degree in any field of study with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours of either undergrad or grad study in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science with three (3) years related work experience in a computer science or math field.