Chop House servers provide excellent service and will enhance guest experiences by offering personalized service, suggestion, and food recommendations. Daily tasks will include taking accurate orders, delivering hot food promptly, clearing and busing tables, and managing transactions and cash on hand. Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant in Asheville. Knowledge of the craft beer scene that is near and dear to the leisure business that travels to the Asheville market. We also offer an extensive wine selection, so food pairing recommendations are encouraged.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Greet guests in a timely and professional manner while exhibiting excellent guest service skills.
- Possess full knowledge of menu and bar items and be able to make recommendations.
- Accurately take food and beverages orders from guests and deliver within established time frames.
- Consistently use suggestive selling techniques.
- Verify the age of all guests who purchase alcohol in accordance with company policy. Limiting sales only to guests who are at least 21 years of age (must be 18 and older to serve alcohol).
- Ensure that all state, local, and company guidelines regarding the responsible service of alcohol are strictly adhered to. Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only.
- Complete all transactions accurately and within the designated guidelines.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness of the serving stations, including related equipment.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment.
- Complete all deep cleaning and assigned tasks prior to the end of shift.
- Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Follow instructions for the safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
- Perform all additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Complete all posted side work tasks and have managers approval before your shift ends to ensure side work has been completed.
Job Skills Needed:
Multi-tasking, listening, and communication skills. Must be of legal age to serve alcohol based on state requirements. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, remain on your feet for several hours, work under pressure, bend, reach, and stoop.
Job Type: Full-time
- restaurant server: 1 year (Preferred)