Want to LOVE going to work every day?
Come be part of our dynamic team supporting America’s National Parks!
Eastern National (EN) dba America’s National Parks™ offers careers with a purpose. Our employees work in a mission-driven environment with goals that focus on the success of our partners and our staff, as a not-for-profit partner of the National Park Service. Every day, our staff help visitors from around the world extend their park experiences through friendly interactions and engaged customer service. If you have a strong work ethic and passion for public lands, join us and share your professional talents for the benefit of America’s historical, cultural, and natural treasures.
We are currently seeking an experienced Regional Manager to strategically manage retail operations at multiple locations with varied themes across our Mid-Atlantic Region. The RM will oversee all business functions in those stores according to Eastern National’s policies, procedures and standards under the direction of the Director of Retail - North.
This is a full time, exempt position and will be based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania or surrounding areas.
The Regional Manager must be available to independently travel to all locations within the region, which includes locations in the metro Philadelphia area, central and northeastern Pennsylvania and northern Maryland to influence and motivate Eastern National staff and Park partners, as well be available to work weekends and holidays throughout the year, when needed.
The Regional Manager will develop a vision and strategy for the Mid-Atlantic Region consistent with its role in the success of Eastern National. He or she will also influence and motivate others to follow the shared plan and drive results, as well as provide leadership region-wide to all employees.
In addition, the Regional Manager will promote goodwill and a natural alignment of efforts between Eastern National and partner organizations to establish productive, positive relationships and foster a team environment via store visits and other forms of formal and informal communication throughout the region.
Required Experience and Competencies:
1. Five years’ experience in multi-unit retail management preferably over a large geographic area.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team through shared mission and goals.
3. Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, high energy environment with shifting priorities.
4. Ability to drive and achieve sales and profitability goals.
5. Knowledge of computer software and hardware related to retail operations and general business practices, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Office 365 a plus, point-of-sale systems, and inventory management programs.
6. Valid driver's license and access to privately owned vehicle required.
7. Ability to independently travel to all facilities in the organization.
8. Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 15 pounds to a shelf height of 5 feet.
9. Available to work weekends and holidays throughout the year when needed.
10. College degree required; minimum of an Associate’s degree.
We recognize your time is valuable. So, before you hit the send button, here are some helpful tips to get our attention:
1. Craft a compelling cover letter. Please address yours to the Director of Retail - North. Anyone wishing to be considered for this role, must submit a cover letter.
2. Please acknowledge your salary range in your cover letter.
3. We’re looking for someone with a broad range of multi-unit retail management experiences – show us what makes you the best candidate.
4. Please demonstrate examples of both internal and external customer service experience.
We offer a competitive salary with the opportunity to earn more with our year-end bonus program, health, dental and vision benefits, Aflac supplemental insurance, a competitive defined contribution plan and paid vacation and sick leave, as well as ten paid holidays.
If interested in this rewarding opportunity, please apply by clicking here.
Since 1947, Eastern National has donated more than $156 million to the National Park Service in the form of direct donations and grants that support vital educational and interpretive programs in America’s national park. To learn more about Eastern National, please visit our website at http://easternnational.org/ and https://americasnational parks.org/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.