MANAGER, CLINICAL SERVICES HOSPICE
The Manager of Clinical Services of Hospice is responsible for the management and supervision of the program on a 24 hour basis. This position is responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality patient care and compliance with clinical and administrative policy and procedures and regulatory standards.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the development of the clinical areas’ strategic and operational plans.
- Serves as a professional role model and mentor to staff by responding positively to change while supporting colleagues through the change process. Serves as a change agent to facilitate communication and transition that supports the mission of the organization.
- Ensures a work force that is diverse and cognizant of the value diversity brings to the workplace.
- Maintains required program records, reports and statistics for administrative purposes, ensures compliance with established policies, procedures, objectives, quality control, PI, safety environmental and infection control. Communicates requirements to staff, and holds staff accountable to established requirements.
- Collaborates with the Director of Patient Services to determine fiscal requirements of department and prepare budgetary recommendations. Monitors the level of resources utilized in service delivery and determines the appropriateness of resource consumption
- Actively supports and promotes a professional practice model that encourages staff participation in the development of clinical standards that is collaborative, collegial and utilizes current trends and data in professional practice (clinical and administrative).
- Interfaces with patient and families to ensure that care is consistent with their expectations.
- Assures coordination/participation of staff on program/organization wide councils/committees.
- Ensures compliance with clinical patient care standards and established policies and procedures.
- Assesses/coaches and evaluates staff level of practice. Develops programs that foster continued clinical development from novice to expert to positively impact on patient care and career satisfaction of staff.
- Coordinates the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures designed to improve operational efficiency. Coordinates QC/PI activities with appropriate staff.
- Oversees various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations and other related activities.
- Coordinates the activities of staff with other personnel; accountable for the effective and efficient operation of the department and staff including ensuring that orders, treatments, plans of care, clinical pathways are being carried out in a manner supportive of patient care. Ensures documentation of patient care is complete and accurate in accordance with policies and procedures.
Education and Licensure:
Work requires completion of an accredited Bachelor's degree in a clinical field such as Nursing, Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupations Therapy, Speech Therapy or a related field, with professional licensure or registration in a clinical field if required. Masters Degree in a Clinical Area or Health Administration preferred. If professional discipline is nursing individual must have current or compact RN Licensure in the state of North Carolina.
5 years of clinical experience and 2 years supervisory experience required. Valid NC Drivers License; Certification/Licensure as required by regulatory agencies. Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations, including TJ and DHRS standards, ICD-10 Coding preferred. Computer skills including Word and Excel required. Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000.00 to $102,000.00 /year