The Junior .NET Developer builds applications to support business systems, participating in rapid continuous improvement. A junior software developer must be able to learn and keep up with rapidly changing computer technology. They must be developing proficiency in .net-based applications, as well as work with a team of other engineers and/or information technology (IT) professionals. Junior software developers must be able to do custom development, integrate older tools and technologies, and continuously build their own skills. They must be able to research and analyze existing programs and assist in preparing documentation for work assignments. They also contribute to regular quality assurance activities such as a peer review.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the team and report clearly and accurately to management.
- Assist with research and develop; design software systems and applications.
- Creating, maintaining and testing software using Visual Studio
- Perform engineering level tests to find defects; troubleshoot and debug development and production issues.
- Troubleshoot, test and validate software issues and resolve issues with due urgency.
- Maintain appropriate technical documentation.
- 1+ years of experience with:
- Microsoft .NET platform, including C#, ASP.NET, WCF, and MVC
- Object oriented programming
- Relational Database experience (mySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server)
- Experience working with web services
- Comfortable working with a highly collaborative, small team
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Focus on iterative design and continual process improvement
- Maintain a positive and professional outlook when challenges arise
- Development experience with SQL Server, TSQL and SSRS preferred
- GIT – work in shared development environment (check in/out, branch, merge, etc) preferred
Job Type: Full-time