The Bimbo Bakeries USA Operations Co-Op program is a dynamic 5-month, paid, opportunity that affords students a remarkable experience to participate in fast-paced real world projects designed to further develop strategic project management, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills. Mentors will be designated to guide student collaborations and project work in each area. Students will be exposed to a variety of functional areas such as engineering, operations, and production while earning college credits in various locations nationwide.
Responsibilities include the consistent collaboration with the Transformation team during the diagnostic, planning and implementation stages, while incorporating safety and quality/sanitation standards in a continuous improvement environment. Successful candidate will be a results-oriented team player, have solid interpersonal skills, and a strong commitment. He/she will be challenged with controlling production costs and downtime, monitoring production and finished products, and communicating with associates.
Denver, CO; Roseville, MN; Houston, TX; Greenwich, CT
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities for cost savings and waste reduction.
- Conduct process studies to discover opportunities for increased line effectiveness.
- Prepare statistical analysis of process capability to implement improved controls.
- Provide assistance in design and execution of various projects (systems and floor).
- Facilitate training for front line associates and supervisors
- Follows and role models safety rules, food safety and food defense policies
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Food/Baking Science, Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
- Must be willing to work any shift and overtime if needed
- Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to analyze data.
- The ability and willingness to support the transformation team and plant achieve their goals
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a challenging environment.
- Work together with others in a team setting and also as individual contributor when needed
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.