- Assist in the investment due diligence and manager selection process for one or
more private markets asset classes.
- Review private market fund offering materials and attend meetings with internal
investment staff and external investment managers to further evaluate funds for
potential investment on behalf of clients.
- Gather, organize, and verify financial data related to client accounts and
investment managers and strategies.
- Apply knowledge of economic indicators, investment markets, attribution, and
benchmarks to analysis of investment results.
- Maintain and regularly update databases of investment information.
- Calculate and verify client-related investment data and statistics.
- Produce client-ready quarterly and monthly reports, including reviewing data
for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Investigate and resolve performance discrepancies; reconcile and validate results,
ensuring that asset transfers and prices are appropriately reflected.
- Assist in the development of internal indices and analytical tools.
- Fulfill any and all other duties deemed necessary by management, including
special projects, original research, deal sourcing, and marketing initiatives.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Mastery of general investment topics, and the investment consulting industry.
- Accuracy and timeliness of client-related work and investment research.
- Levels of satisfaction of Investment Analysts and Consultants with respect to the
Investment Associate’s contribution to the investment process.
- Contribution to improvements in the efficiency of the company’s data oriented
processes and procedures.
- Level of proficiency with internal proprietary software, as well as external data
providers such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, and Morningstar Direct.
- Level of effectiveness in interacting with external data suppliers (custody banks,
- Maintenance of good working relationships with other employees.