Merakey is seeking a SAP Counselor to join our Children and Family Services Division in Lansdale, PA.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain a positive relationship between Merakey and the school district.
- Facilitate individual and small group support services/psycho-educational services to students.
- Provide verbal and written feedback on screenings to the school when authorized to do so.
- Provide consultation to the school on relevant mental health and drug/alcohol issues.
- Participate in weekly SAP Core Team meetings in the school. Provide feedback and clinical observations regarding students referred to SAP program.
- Participate in parent/teacher/counselor meetings as requested to provide clinical input regarding students referred to SAP program.
- Liaison between community and school to identify resources and community services available to students and parents.
- Work with families to access services and resources.
- Refer high risk students for assessment of acute services, as needed.
- Provide consultation to schools for students in crisis.
- Facilitate classroom and faculty presentations, as requested.
- Attend monthly business meetings and supervision at Merakey, as scheduled by supervisor.
- Maintain an ongoing record of all services provided, including individual, group, team, and parent meetings.
- Complete required documentation of services on timely basis, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of program manager.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
· Work/Life Balance
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
· Life Insurance
· 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
· Marketplace Savings Program
· Employee Assistance Program
· Wellness Programs
· 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
· Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY’S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
Community Based Services
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-behavioral-health.html
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at sabina.tobak @merakey.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $30.00 per hour
- Formal education in counseling techniques: 1 year (Preferred)
- working in a clinical or school setting: 1 year (Preferred)