Inter-Con is searching for motivated individuals to fill the exciting role of an Armed Diplomatic Security Officer. In this role, you’ll work as a galvanized member of an elite team of security operators protecting some of our nation’s most critical assets and diplomats. You will be part of the comprehensive security solution to protect ours and visiting nations’ diplomats across multiple locations in the United States.
We offer a full range of benefits:
- Competitive pay starting at $46.70 an hour plus an additional $5.10 an hour for health benefits once cleared for the Sergeant position.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- Training and Career Development
· Pass a Physical Readiness Test consisting of push-ups, sit-ups, and a 1.5-mile run
· Possess a high school diploma or Bachelor's
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance
· Fluent in both the written and spoken English language
· Possess a valid United States driver's license
Specific Requirements/ Must Haves:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance
- Fluent in both the written and spoken English language
- Must possess a valid United States driver's license
Site Supervisor (SS) (Sergeant)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The SS serves as the on-site supervisor of a group of guards or a
specific sector or function of the guard program
- 1) Ensures all assigned guard posts are staffed, monitoring performance of assigned
- guard force personnel.
- 2) Ensures that all guard personnel are aware of and abide by all Post and general orders.
- 3) Ensure the proper enforcement of security regulations through the supervision of
- uniformed security officers.
- B. Qualifications:
- 1) Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a military officer or NCO
- (at US E-5 or above or equivalent), or equivalent law enforcement/armed commercial
- guard force supervisory experience.
- 2) Experience must include physical security, access control, and force protection, and
- must be similar in complexity and scope to the specific qualifications of the task order.
- 3) Qualify with the pistol and M4, re-qualifying as required by SOW.
- 4) Complete the DS Physical Readiness Test at the 55% performance level and maintain
- that fitness level for the duration of his/her service on the contract.
SBU - CONTRACTING AND ACQUISITIONS
Experience may be gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or
commercial entities providing armed protective services that require skills similar to those identified in the guard training courses as outlined in Section H.3 –Training Qualifications.
For promotion only: Possess a minimum of three (3) years of security experience on this contract, having displayed an exceptionally high level of proficiency and understanding of the operational qualifications.
Work Environment and Schedule
- Position requires prolonged standing and walking, in the performance of daily security activities. Job operates in client sites which could be indoors or outdoors.
- Open availability Nights, Weekends, Holidays and overtime as directed (overtime occurs).
- Work various shifts and Holidays as assigned.
- Must maintain flexibility regarding job assignments and locations.
- Time flexibility depending on the needs of the company.
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website and apply directly at www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.24 - $52.41 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Law enforcement: 8 years (Preferred)
- Military (E6 Rank or Higher): 5 years (Required)
- Security Managment: 10 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person