Location: Sterling, VA (Remote)
Clearance Required: (Active DoD Secret with TS/SCI must be obtainable)
Experience Level: 4-6 years
Type of Employment: Regular/Full-Time
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to support the CI/CD team on the CReATE program in Sterling, VA. You will be part of team where problem solving, and communication skills are critical to success. This environment provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Our team is responsible for designing, building, and implementing an intuitive DevSecOps pipeline.
Army CReATE focuses on enabling development teams from across Army to utilize both unclassified and classified development resources as part of a build low, deliver high approach. As a result, you would be part of the team building these resources on the unclassified cloud, giving the ability to work remotely during this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
More About the Role:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be tasked with various responsibilities as part of a diverse and collaborative team such as:
- Developing and delivering software on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or similar cloud services using Infrastructure as Code.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, System Administration, and its deployment in virtual environments.
- Diagnose problems and develop solutions for problems related to software, configuration and infrastructure.
- Using application code, scripts and NoSQL queries to troubleshoot production issues
- Developing and supporting the automation of routine operational activities
- Escalating urgent problems to Operations & Sustainment team
- Providing documentation of processes involved with support duties and contribute to the knowledge database
- Contributing in writing and in-person to root cause analysis meetings as part of process improvement
- Participating in the development and testing of internal controls, scripts and other coding projects
- Working closely with peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance for customers
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Current SECRET level clearance
- Proficient in CI/CD processes
- Experience developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines.
- Experience with Git and configuration management processes.
- Experience with Kubernetes or Container solutions
- Experience integrating with identity management, access management, and authorization solutions (PKI, LDAP, OAUTH, OpenID).
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum methodology.
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, open, and unclassified office work environment.
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 2 / IAM Level 1 Certification for Privileged User Access (i.e. CompTIA Security+
Education: Candidate must have one of the following with direct experience leading IT system work involving virtualization, cloud services engineering, micro service architecture, web applications, systems integration, and related software development:
- 6 + Years of job related experience with BS
- 4 + Years of job related experience with MS
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- TS/SCI must be obtainable
- Familiarity with Cloud Application Platforms such as Heroku, Pivotal Cloud Foundry/Tanzu, OpenShift.
- CI/CD pipeline experience using GitLab or Jenkins.
- Experience with container technology (e.g. Docker) development and deployment.
- Experience deploying, maintaining and optimizing RDBMS databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Experience with open source indexing technologies, e.g. Elasticsearch.
- Experience conducting trade studies and analysis of competing technologies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,017.00 - $180,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- DevOps: 4 years (Required)
- Cloud Application Platforms: 4 years (Required)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines: 4 years (Required)
- Kubernetes or Container solutions: 4 years (Preferred)
- Git and configuration management processes: 4 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place