The Senior Electrical/Computer Engineering Manager will directly report to the Vice President of Engineering and will supervise and manage the electrical engineers in the Engineering Department. The individual will plan, manage and coordinate all electrical engineering design activities and tasks including testing of components, products, and systems. The individual will directly interact with other functions of the organizations and serve as a functional expert in developing new products and/or enhancing existing products.
- Responsible for electrical design aspects from concept to production while assuring the design meets safety and reliability goals.
- Provide leadership to the engineering team by defining engineering road maps for projects, and provide technical direction on feasibility, and actively participate in product development tasks
- Establish and maintain best engineering practices and product-lifecycle management techniques to ensure top quality product introduction.
- Achieves electrical engineering operational objectives by contributing electrical engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining administrative system improvements; implementing change.
- Review customer requirements and subsequently translate them into internal systems requirement specifications.
- Complete projects within budget and time constraints while meeting cost and quality expectations.
- Assure Engineering processes are being implemented and requirements are being met.
- Produce Engineering design and release documentation per Engineering Standards.
- Provide support to manufacturing and quality issues relating to design.
- Prepare and present technical reports.
- Assist in the development of department budget.
- Provide technical assistance to non-Engineering personnel, such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Control, Product and Architectural Services when required.
Qualification & Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering desired; with 10 years working experience with at least 3-5 years management responsibilities
- Experience in designing and leading systems level projects
- Knowledge and experience in wireless communication and network programing using Bluetooth, ZigBee and Wi-Fi
- Knowledge and experiences in embedded systems programming using C, Python and PicBasic
- Experience with solid-state electronics and battery management systems
- Strong knowledge and experiences in using and designing various types of sensors (IR, Capacitance, Photodiode, etc.)
- Knowledge in using Microcontrollers
- Thorough understanding of PCB and circuit design from concept through prototype and manufacturing (including PCB design).
- Knowledge in DC brushless motor design and motor controller electronics
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and perform complex system tests
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to be agile in a fast paced environment
About the Company
Bobrick, headquartered in North Hollywood, CA, is the industry-leading manufacturer of Stainless Steel commercial washroom accessories with 100+ years of experience (back when it was a startup, Bobrick invented the lavatory-mounted soap dispenser!). A mid-sized, privately owned company, Bobrick includes brands such as KoalaKare, operates 6 manufacturing facilities throughout the US and Canada, and conducts business in over 88 countries worldwide. Bobrick’s Culture We view our culture as a competitive advantage and a foundation for continued success. Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. Bobrick respects work-life balance, has a strong commitment to employee development and attributes its success to four core values and their alignment with its employees, suppliers, sales representatives, distributors and other channel partners.
Job Type: Full-time