SENIOR MANAGER OF INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS - NEW YORK
We are looking for a talented storyteller who understands the power of communication in enabling individuals, teams and companies to perform at their very best.
This job might be for you if...
- \t You're curious - hungry for knowledge and are always on the lookout for what's new and next. You're sort of addicted to knowing the customer (in your case, our associates) and how to best connect with and engage them.
- \t You're fast and agile. Retail operates at light speed. You'll need to be fast and agile to keep up and be able to assimilate information quickly to turn it into simple, effective communications.
- \t You can move seamlessly between strategic thinking and tactical execution. We're a small team, which is good because you'll get to be involved from soup to nuts.
- \t You like to write and are good at ... scratch that, you're great at it. You understand the job of communications is not to simply distribute a message, but to create action.
- \t You share our values - We're serious about them because they are the foundation of our success: the customer rules, passion leads to success, inclusion makes us stronger, it matters how you play the game.
You'll be responsible for lots of things; here are few of the most important ones...
- \t Provide counsel to senior leaders and HR partners to promote frequent, open communications and incorporate associate considerations into planning of all major business unit/departmental initiatives, events and announcements.
- \t Working with content experts to create and execute internal communications plans to connect associates to the purpose and priorities of the business. This includes synthesizing business language and complex information into clear, relevant messages and writing and editing with clarity of purpose, intent and broad perspective for a variety of audiences.
- \t Own all aspects of development and execution of associate communication and engagement events and activities (e.g. quarterly briefings, all-hands meetings, appreciation events) as well as external communication in support of CEO and COO (including , but not limited to, earnings call prep, and investor meetings)
- \t Consistently looking for ways to enhance existing processes for greater efficiency and existing communication vehicles for greater effectiveness and impact.
- \t Creating and implementing systems of measurement and integrating results into future communications.
- \t Owning communications operations - managing communication distribution, mailboxes, calendars, budgets
- \t Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or equivalent
- \t 10+ years of experience within communications, marketing, media relations
- \t Exceptional organization and project management skills
- \t Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- \t Initiative, accountability and flexibility in pursuing assignments
- \t Strong relationship building skills and ability to collaborate with partners at varying job levels
- \t Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.