Now Brewing – senior treasury analyst (Capital Markets)! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only
celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As a senior treasury analyst, you will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and versatile team that helps support key treasury initiatives/transactions and drive best-in-class controllership of capital markets/derivative activities
As a senior treasury analyst, you will…
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Manage Starbucks derivative book – You will work closely with accounting, tax and market risk management to ensure accurate and timely reporting of derivatives activities and compliance with hedge accounting requirements for month-end close and throughout the trade lifecycle
- Create/Maintain financial models – You will assist in developing analysis on return on invested capital and rating agency metrics to support decisions around shareholder distributions and leverage
- Participate in capital market activities – You will support the execution of capital markets activities such as debt issuances, credit facilities and share repurchases
- Uplift data reporting capabilities – You will leverage Microsoft Teams, PowerBI and other technology platforms to drive data visualization to distill meaningful insights
- Provides mentoring and training to other partners on reports, systems and financial process flow.
- Recommends and may lead financial process improvements. May administer financial database, including user access control, system enhancements and data validation. Documents procedures and processes.
- Works with internal and external customers and vendors on service issues
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to use and maintain complex financial models
- Ability to be an ambassador of the Company to current and potential internal and external partners, clients and customers
- Basic understanding of financial risk calculations
- General understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in relation to investment and hedging activities
- Proficiency in foreign exchange and interest rate market calculations
- Ability to exercise discretion in selecting among alternate courses of action and recommend changes in approach, concepts and the design of solutions as a team member
- Working knowledge of cash management process and banking procedures required
- System knowledge of Reval, Clearwater and ICD a plus
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!