Position Summary: The Customer Service Representative meets and exceeds the expectations of customers by communicating professionally in all situations, quickly and accurately processing customer orders, following up on customer shipments and requests and by ensuring that invoicing is handled quickly and efficiently. The Customer Service Representative also assists the Sales and Marketing manager in growing sales by participating in sales and marketing campaigns and other sales related activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicating respectfully, courteously and intelligently with customers by phone, email, fax or face to face
- Communicating respectfully and courteously with employees at all levels of the corporation
- Quoting price and availability while engaged with customer on the telephone
- Technical Assistance – aiding customers to find parts to fit their needs, i.e. application, dimensional specs, as well as website assistance
- Order entry including retrieving customer orders from email, fax, and customer online portals
- Proactively contacting customers regarding status of orders (delivery dates, backorders, etc)
- Marketing assistance – weekly/monthly calls to check in with customers, email campaigns, mailings
- Liaison for all customer/PHX communications
- Represent both the customer and PHX
- Facilitate and expedite the resolution of customer issues
- Assist customers with returns and credits
- Daily Invoicing
- Process New Customers – credit application, setting up customer in GP
- Maintain necessary records, detect and report any unusual conditions to supervisor
- Website Maintenance – removing/adding information, updating errors
- Keep areas in neat, clean & orderly fashion.
- Follow prescribed safety rules & regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned such as data collection, reports, special projects, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 Year’s Experience in customer service
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works independently
- Heavy multi-tasking
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Positive demeanor
- Can-do Attitude
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Education & Experience :
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Windows Environment, Excel, Word, Web Browsers
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP software
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Call Center: 3 years
- customer service: 3 years