Full Job Description
Pursue Your Passion for Hospitality with Domaine Serene!
Domaine Serene seeks an experienced, driven Hospitality Associate to build relationships and inspire customers on their wine journeys. We are looking to hire the best of the best—a hardworking and dependable team player, eager to learn and excel. The Hospitality Associate is a part-time position with highly competitive pay, eligible for gratuities and our generous incentives. We offer a deep education in Oregon and Burgundian wines, and a rewarding career growth path for top performers.
We are Domaine Serene, America’s Most Acclaimed Winery. Founded in 1989 by Ken and Grace Evenstad, we are the only winery in the world to have secured a top 3 or better ranking for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from Wine Spectator’s coveted Top 100 Wines of the Year list. Located at the top of the Dundee Hills in the Northern Willamette Valley, Domaine Serene’s picturesque Winery Hill Estate is home to one of the world’s most advanced winemaking facilities, and most luxurious tasting experience facilities. Evenstad Estates owns and meticulously manages over 1,000 acres of land, including 275 acres of hillside Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vineyards, all of which are dry-farmed and LIVE certified sustainable.
In 2015, the Evenstads purchased Château de la Crée, a 15th-century chateau and state of the art winery located in Santenay, Burgundy. With 25 acres of sustainably farmed vineyards throughout the Côte de Beaune, the French portfolio in Burgundy consists of three brands: Les Tourelles de la Crée, Château de la Crée, and Maison Evenstad.
The Hospitality Associate provides an exceptional brand experience for consumers through the highest level of product knowledge, hospitality and customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Greets all guests with enthusiasm and provides gracious hospitality.
- Leads guests through tasting flights, educating them on Domaine Serene wines, vineyards and story.
- Is knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
- Develops a thorough understanding of Domaine Serene wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history to educate guests on all aspects of the brand.
- Actively promotes the sale of Domaine Serene wines, wine club and merchandise.
- Conducts winery tours and hosts private and VIP experiences in a professional, engaging and informative manner.
- Proactively maintains a consistent inventory of available wines, and keeps the tasting room stocked with marketing materials, sales brochures and tasting notes.
- Follows Domaine Serene tasting room procedures including opening wine, washing and stocking glasses, bussing tables and stocking wine
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the tasting room and follows opening and closing procedures.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions including: operating cash register, accounting of daily sales and correctly inputting customer shipping orders.
- Facilitates shipping of wine to customers and meets all compliance and regulatory requirements of wine shipments.
- Services private events and tastings as required, some may require travel to offsite venues.
- Communicate effectively with Sales, Production and Staff using open, professional dialogue and solution focused communication; communicate management decisions positively and with support.
- Support and embrace company policy and act as a role model by instilling and supporting customer and business-focused decisions.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Excellent customer relations, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be customer focused and consistently able to maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to multi-task.
- Physical activities required includes excessive standing, walking and will regularly lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
- The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Service all aspects of luxury events, including but not limited to, event set-up and breakdown, serving, pouring, and sales.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in sales and/ or management in service focused organizations preferred.
- A thorough understanding of the luxury hospitality industry and its standards.
- Experience working in fine dining restaurants a plus.
- Experience in the wine industry a plus.
- Weekend and holiday availability a must, including occasional evening events.
- Ability to lift 45 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
- Current OLCC servers permit and Oregon Food Handler’s Card.
- Reliable transportation.
Job Type: Part-time
- Restaurant or Winery: 1 year (Required)
- Weekends required
- Holidays required