Advanced Practice Nurse – MICU
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group
Jersey City, NJ
Part Time Day
- Competitive sign on bonus!
- Competitive health benefits, paid time off, and employee perks
- 3 night shifts bi-weekly **This includes weekend and holiday requirements**
- Opportunity to work in a specialty practice setting
- Join RWJBarnabas Health, New Jersey’s largest, integrated health care delivery system
- Ranked in NJ.com’s 2021 Best Places to Work
The Advanced Practice Nurse is responsible for performing duties independently following established and standardized procedures and methods referring questionable situations to physician. The APN provides primary health care through assessment, diagnosis, clinical judgment and management to restore, maintain and improve the health status of patients. In addition, the APN is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors. The APN administers injections, immunizations and oral medications, starts IV. They will assist physician by recording patient progress notes, issuing diagnostic orders, and transcribing orders. They will participate with various counseling and education functions. The APN will bill for patient services based on CMS and NJ State Board Regulations. In addition, they will demonstrates satisfactory knowledge and judgment to provide appropriate care for patients, develop plan of care for patients in coordination with multidisciplinary team and completes appropriate reports to physicians and family. They will documents and maintains patient records of services provided according to facility and nursing standards.
- Master’s degree in Nursing required.
- Registered Professional Nurse with current NJ state license; CDS and DEA.
- CPR Certification
- ACLS Certification
- Acute Care APN Certification Preferred
- Three to five years of work experience as a professional nurse working in critical care.
- Ability to establish a collaborative relationship with other medical providers.
- Instruct patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Issue prescriptions to patients based on Federal & State Regulations.
- Order and review appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Review all lab data and documents.
- Perform and obtain a completed medical history and physical data on patients with appropriate documentation and findings.
- Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
- Provide monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality and adequacy of nursing practice.
- Works in collaboration with a physician to diagnose conditions as necessary.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR) systems is also preferred.
To apply, please submit your resume though Indeed.
About RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group
At RWJ Barnabas health, our nurses have earned a reputation for providing extraordinary clinical care in every specialty. And because of the breadth, depth and scope of our combined resources and technological strengths, a world of exciting nursing opportunities awaits you. We are the largest and finest health care delivery system in New Jersey. One of the truly unique benefits of a nursing career is the tremendous amount of opportunities available in a wide variety of health care settings.
Nursing professionals can choose from urban and suburban teaching medical centers, community hospital settings, ambulatory care centers; and a behavioral health network, as well as comprehensive hospice services. All of these settings provide exemplary health care environments that consistently rate among the highest in the nation for patient satisfaction.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jersey City, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person