Position Title: HVAC ESTIMATOR & Internal Technical Support
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Job Category: Engineering – HVAC Estimating / Project Coordinator
Company details at: www.unitedmetal.com
The Internal Technical Support Team receives information from the Sales Department for the design and building of custom air handling units. The team transforms the information into technical data that is utilized throughout the production facility. The ITS Team is also tasked with tracking the progress of jobs through the production process and assist with any technical issues that occur within the facility.
- Using computer selection programs to produce quotations for custom built AHUs.
- Sizing and selection of fans, coils, furnaces etc.
- Maintaining documentation of each project quoted.
- Generating Submittal data packages.
- Compiling, distributing, and managing detailed AHU order information for other departments.
- Coordinating unit construction during the production process through collaborative effort with Sales and the Customer.
- HVAC background (5+ years)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Specifications
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Aptitude for working within a busy sales environment and prioritizing workloads.
- Numerically competent
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to understand CAD drawings, electrical schematics, and the Psychometric Chart.
- Spatial judgement and ability to visualize 3D objects from 2D drawings.
- Good people skills – team player (interdependent)
- Continual learner that is naturally curious and likes solving problems.
Education & Experience Required:
- 5+ years HVAC field experience
- Completion of an HVAC trade school or equivalent
- Understanding of Mechanical Engineering concepts
We are creative and innovative yet highly disciplined. We believe there is great personal satisfaction in dedication and hard work. Our values are the core of who we are and what we do on a daily basis.
Only candidates meeting position requirements will be considered and contacted. Substance abuse test required prior to employment. We use E-Verify.
United Metal Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive Salary
- Company-wide Bonus program
- 401k savings plan with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical benefits with option for dental
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Support: 5 years
- HVAC field: 5 years