We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customerorientedEditor/Technical Writerto joinour team inReston, VAto begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you willedit complex IT proposals . You will review proposal content for errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling and check the proposal for readability, style, and agreement with editorial policy. You will suggest revisions, such as changing words and rearranging sentences and paragraphs to improve clarity. The ideal candidate will provide proofreading skills, possess a keen attention to detail, and handle stressful situations. You will also demonstrate your dependability and exceptional customer service skills.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Receive and administratively track new editing/writing request assignments using SharePoint.
- Serve as lead editor and one voice/consistency writer.
- Review and interpret RFP to determine writtenrequirements and acronyms.
- Communicate with Subject Matter Experts to solicit information to improve writtenproposal.
- Edit proposal narratives,correcting grammar, passive voice, and consistency to support ease of readability.
- Manage time proactively to plan for unforeseen short term assignments.
- Demonstrate excellent professionalism and customer service skills.
- Research and gather relevant information for use in proposal editing addressing customer hot buttons, and incorporating win themes into proposal sections
- Write and edit proposal and marketing content for grammar, punctuation, readability, and persuasiveness.
- May edit multiple proposals in the same timeframe
- Creates a positive work environment, demonstrates a professional attitude, and meets established goals and responsibilities while working in cooperation with colleagues
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field * A minimum of 5 years proven successful experience editing, writing, and coordinating Federal Government proposals of moderate to high complexity * Experience in managing multiple editing assignments. * Experience working with proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities * Strong analytical, organizational, and managerial skills * The ability to use standard English writing styles and structures to write proposal sections; this includes the ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals) into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product * Able to balance multiple projects and work to meet deadlines * Excellent communication and organizational skills * Ability to work on multiple projects and under tight deadlines * Ability to work with teams and individuals of varying working styles * Ability to work overtime often with no advance notice * Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint
Job Type: Full-time
- Editing: 4 years (Required)
- Technical Writing: 5 years (Required)