The Gym Manager will help ensure the smooth and efficient operational procedures within all departments enabling Force BioFitness to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Train and supervise the Front Desk and M.O.D managers while helping facilitate all delegated projects and responsibilities among managerial team.
- Manage multiple aspects of inventory control, payroll budget, daily bank deposits, shift coverage and general facility maintenance.
- Educate staff of proper company policies and procedures.
- 3+ years of leadership and people management of cross-functional teams including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams to achieve goals and objectives in a consumer-facing, service oriented environment
- Related industry experience preferred
- Enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to coach and execute “suggestive selling” of gym products
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Experience keeping statistical and financial records
- 4-year college degree strongly preferred
- Must possess a high level of organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and maintain office records in a highly organized format.
- Presents with articulate communication skills, including over the phone and in person, with a command of professional standards and use of language skills in written communications.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively hire, train, and direct gym staff.
- Ability to work in a small office environment; ongoing dependability and ability to build and maintain supportive team working relationships.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to professionally meet with and effectively interact with others; must be able to work with limited supervision within a team environment.
- Previous experience resulting in intermediate to advanced Word, Excel, and Google Drive skills are critical requirements for document preparation and management.
- Ability to prioritize activities with limited guidance, while fostering internal teamwork through meeting deadlines for completion.
- Ensures that Force BioFitness service level standards are delivered at a consistently high level. Includes such things as telephone calls and e-mails being returned promptly, written communications sent with professional terms/tone and presentation.
- Individual member and corporate account relationships are to be managed with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Sets an example for Force BioFitness team members of hard work, dedication and motivation to achieve successful results for Force BioFitness, its tenants, vendors and property owners.
- Full time position working out of Menlo Park office.
- Prints vendor invoices that are received via e-mail and obtains approval for payment from appropriate team members.
- Prepares and sets up filing systems, binders and labels.
- Responds to individual member and corporate account inquiries for statements, W-9’s and billing inquiries that are routine and within the scope of knowledge.
- Processes UPS bill backs.
- Special projects – large mailings, etc. as needed.
- Backs up Personal Training or Group Fitness teams for out of office matters, such as vacations, illness or special events.
Team & People Management:
- Understands the company’s Mission Statement, core values and overall culture of the business. Acts as the driver of the Force Biofitness culture in all interactions, leading by example, and holding all employees accountable to this standard.
- Works closely with department heads on making the decision to hire staff at the facility.
- Recruit, interview and contribute to the decision to hire new employees into the facility.
- Create staffing plan for investors if and when new resources are required.
- Authorizes and approves all staffing changes including new hires, promotions and terminations.
- Schedule all team members to ensure the facility is staffed properly, maintaining facility safety while respecting budget parameters.
- Effectively manage and communicate Policies and Procedures and make sure they are being uniformly enforced.
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace that fosters constant and never-ending improvement.
- Provides the time to coach, train and develop each staff member’s customer service skills through practice and training.
- Provides feedback and positive reinforcement on a regular basis to encourage and motivate staff.
- Arranges meetings with underperforming staff to provide a coaching session and a progress improvement plan.
- Holds a morning huddle with the front desk team to set the day’s expectations. .
- Conduct monthly (or bimonthly) staff meetings to reinforce team building, education and communicate team’s KPI’s.
- Attends quarterly management meetings with corporate staff to present their facility’s performance and overview of the current facility status.
- Corresponds daily with the department heads about the state of the facility, communicating any urgent needs or concerns.
- Conducts semi annual reviews of each employee with the help of department heads.
- Creates a process to maintain and support the brand and high standards of Force Biofitness, including hourly inspections of fitness, pool, and locker room areas by team members.
- Meets and conducts a weekly walk-through of their facility with members of the management team to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the facility is meeting or exceeding company standards.
- Ensures that all facility marketing and materials are accurate and up to date.
- Oversee the inventory of the facility and takes measures to manage loss.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and maintaining relationships with the customers to ensure their experience is at the expected standard.
- Ensures that all gym activities are supporting and enhancing the Force Biofitness brand.
- Committed to delivering excellent member service and operates as the “mayor” of the facility by greeting members by name, walking the floor to shake hands and build rapport.
- Educates and enforces new facility policies and procedures and ensures consistency.
- Responds quickly to member issues and complaints in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviours. Builds trust with others through openness and candour. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
- Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer's needs.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one’s behaviour on others.
- Initiative: Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them.
- Negotiation Skills: Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties support and acceptance.
- Safety: Places high value on workplace safety of self and others; maintains a clean environment. Identifies potential hazards and pursues corrective actions; follows established safety policies and procedures.
- Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
- Coaching Skills: Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry.
- Continuous Improvement: Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impacts.
- Managing Change: Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities, facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. The ability to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk.
- Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Conflict Management: Prevents, manages, and/or resolves conflict.
- Inspires Vision: Articulates a clear image of the future or sense of purpose and inspire others to believe and work towards it.
- Influencing Others: Gains others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Forward Thinking: Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Complimentary Gym membership
- Discounts on all Force BioFitness products and services including Personal Training, Group Classes, Massage Therapy services and Store items
- And more (addl. benefits could include medical, dental, and/or vision)
Job Type: Full-time
- People Management: 3 years